Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Since I'm sidelined with a broken wrist, I'd take any rental if only I could get back on snow but the ones I am looking forward to mounting up when I take my cast off are the Optimistic and the Alchemist. Give me a quiver or give me death.

I challenge everyone on here to find a 'compromise' board that they HAVE to ride for one full season (outside of huge dumps and boilerplate). I feel like everyone would grow more by being a minimalist.
I did exactly this when the airline lost my TRS on my way to Japan. Had to borrow the host's too-short ratted-out Skate Banana for the first few weeks, and I made the best of it by teaching myself to butter and throw 360s. Also got to try many Gentems because my host was friends with TT and had rows of Gentems hung on the walls of his pension. That trip opened my eyes in a lot of ways.

There's no real mervin hate on this forum anymore.
I have nothing against the brands. But I hate the idea of cheapness (i.e. extruded bases) posing as premium performance features. At least the TRS is now on sintered. There was that one (or two?) season when it was still on TNT and they wanted $599 for it because of some Horseshit construction. Shit like that makes me mad.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell me you don't know how to ride a crc snowboard without telling me you don't know how to ride a crc snowboard. Would I ride a crc down a 45 degree death chunder chute with one? Fuck no. But would I put a crc against any camber or s camber profile at any resort that gets more than 100 inches of snow each year? Fuck yes.
Show me your mervin tramp stamp without forcing me to buy you two cosmos at the lodge.

Obviously you didn’t bother to read any of my former posts in this lengthy thread of riders who don’t love the c2x profile so let me put back up my credentials, you can confirm if I’m allowed an opinion. Riding for 25 years, East Coast and west coast, average 30-40 days a season and 100+ the last two, spent over half my time riding a C2 t rice pro and Orca 159 and the last year on a gnu c3 ( which I love and want a gremlin)

So as I said before Mervins C2 profile is great for beginners and intermediates for all mountain and for advanced riders who are in a lot of low grade powder or tight trees (ass I assume you are “powder junkie”) but after riding over 15 decks in the last two years that span from step back rocker , to c3 (still a favorite) cam rock, camber C2 & C2X don’t stack up for most all mountain conditions if you value precision and carving or if you don’t need an E brake on edge to manage your speed

If you are going to call me out again please include some of your Travis Rice Erotic Fan Fic, give me something of value out of your post rather then just a bunch of “good riders can ride anything” bullshit

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lol no. I just hate when someone makes a broad generalization and the facts clearly don't line up with that generalization. You ride whatever you want to ride. So long as you're sliding sideways down a mountain I couldn't give a fuck what you ride. But don't try to tell me that a crc board holds back advanced riders. It doesn't.
I hate when people can’t read, the failures of
our education system are sad. I said crc holds back advanced riders at resorts. CrC is tremendous for what t rice rides which is clean deep pow lines, which I called out as and advantage of the profile for advanced riders, that condition is maybe 5% of the time for any resort rider

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Camber profile is personal preference on where you want the board to drive from. No such thing as a profile that is for advanced riders or not. You may feel that way, that's fine. You give me a style of riding and I can provide you with a solid option in every profile.

Reactions: ridethecliche

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Camber profile is personal preference on where you want the board to drive from. No such thing as a profile that is for advanced riders or not. You may feel that way, that's fine. You give me a style of riding and I can provide you with a solid option in every profile.

How about pure rocker for aggressive all mountain rider on hardpack boilerplate ice coast conditions?

:poop:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Orca has the pop of C2X, which is pretty good, but C2X was not that good in pow until they put the pow nose on, and add an easy for all shortwidetight shape, it had to be a hit. I have to admit I mostly buy the Lib boards for the graphics, and TNT bases bring graphics out nicely, plus Mervin wouldn't be that ecofrendly without. Tapered C3 boards just has a nice allround feel to them.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Orca has the pop of C2X, which is pretty good, but C2X was not that good in pow until they put the pow nose on, and add an easy for all shortwidetight shape, it had to be a hit. I have to admit I mostly buy the Lib boards for the graphics, and TNT bases bring graphics out nicely, plus Mervin wouldn't be that ecofrendly without. Tapered C3 boards just has a nice allround feel to them.
Yeah I tried a lib C3 deck (dark series) and LOVED it. Maybe that’s the next purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
How about pure rocker for aggressive all mountain rider on hardpack boilerplate ice coast conditions?

:poop:
This is obviously where one would go to challenge my statement. I certainly could have been more clear, but I said style and shape, no really conditions. I have ridden Snowbasin in Utah in late Feb after a rain and freeze and rode a Guch Rocker when that still existed. So I would confidently argue the Crosscut Rocker would handle it, but I don’t ever have to ride that garbage so I can’t promise. Though the spirit was more about averageish conditions, and the idea that eliminating some of the extremes I could put anyone from expert to beginner on a board in any profile for any preferred style of riding.

The other good argument is early rise and jib. Jib inherently leaning towards twin, and early rise inherently being directional makes that pretty incompatible.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Also the idea was that the profile isn’t the factor holding back the rider for the style of riding compared to a rider at a different level. Full rocker on the ice coast is just as rough for a beginner as an intermediate as an expert as long as the board itself can keep up to the level of riding.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Also the idea was that the profile isn’t the factor holding back the rider for the style of riding compared to a rider at a different level. Full rocker on the ice coast is just as rough for a beginner as an intermediate as an expert as long as the board itself can keep up to the level of riding.
[/QUOTE
We are getting into some deep math on this argument, it seems like were we are landing is everything is awesome based on the rider and we should shut down this forum as opinion is not valued as we don’t want to offend

·
Registered
425 Posts
I dont see anyone being offended here, just some passionate discussions about peoples varying opinions.
Thanks for makomg
I dont see anyone being offended here, just some passionate discussions about peoples varying opinions.
Well Mike, not to throw cold water on your argument but when powder junkie told me I didn’t know how to ride c2 thus my opinion was invalid I was offended but perhaps im
a one of one on this thread

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yeah I tried a lib C3 deck (dark series) and LOVED it. Maybe that’s the next purchase.

Hasn’t the darker series been out of the line up for a few seasons now? I recently sold my dark that I had been using as a rock board and have been questioning my decision since .

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,266 Posts
Well Mike, not to throw cold water on your argument but when powder junkie told me I didn’t know how to ride c2 thus my opinion was invalid I was offended but perhaps im
"No True Scotsman" argument can be safely ignored. (Powder Junkie, not Mike)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hasn’t the darker series been out of the line up for a few seasons now? I recently sold my dark that I had been using as a rock board and have been questioning my decision since .
Oh yeah long gone. It’s my only reference for C3. That thing blasted through anything . And. M

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks for makomg

Hey, you get offended by a random dude on a snowboard forum that's a you problem. I still stand by what I said... if crc holds you back as an advanced rider at a resort I'm not sure you're the advanced rider you think you are.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I always wondered what would happen if there was no religion. Now I know. ‘The profile wars’.
Canada would show the usa their full support despite not agreeing with the usa’s view on magnetraction. This would infuriate Russia. The EU would be invading Japan over their use of rocker. China would have rounded up all the skate banana sympathizers and forced them to build traditional camber boards in slavery. The middle east would just be blowing shit up because they have no snowboarding.

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts