Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
161 - 180 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bro trice could be riding a Bond snowboard and still do his thing, were talking mortals here
Bad argument. The original poster says that crc holds back advanced riders. I named 2 advanced riders that it obviously doesn't hold back. So now if you're super advanced it doesn't matter? And if you're only advanced it does? I'm confused.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Bad argument. The original poster says that crc holds back advanced riders. I named 2 advanced riders that it obviously doesn't hold back. So now if you're super advanced it doesn't matter? And if you're only advanced it does? I'm confused.
Oh cool, still doesn't matter what pros ride when they get paid to do it, now THATS a bad argument

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Oh ok. So these super advanced riders only ride snowboards that actually hold them back because they get paid to do so? Thats.... a stretch.
Yeah I know its crazy right? Professional riders will ride and promote a board if you pay them, whoa!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah I know its crazy right? Professional riders will ride and promote a board if you pay them, whoa!!
Especially when it holds them back! Pretty incredible! I mean Chris Corning may be going to the Olympics and shit but damn. He must prefer that giant multi million dollar contract with NS to doing whatever it is that's better than the Olympics! Oh and Trice absolutely gets held back by crc! Just imagine how much better he could be popping pillow lines with a full camber snowboard! Good thing he gets paid millions to compensate for the suck!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Especially when it holds them back! Pretty incredible! I mean Chris Corning may be going to the Olympics and shit but damn. He must prefer that giant multi million dollar contract with NS to doing whatever it is that's better than the Olympics! Oh and Trice absolutely gets held back by crc! Just imagine how much better he could be popping pillow lines with a full camber snowboard! Good thing he gets paid millions to compensate for the suck!
We get it, you love rocker boards

·
Registered
307 Posts
We get it, you love rocker boards
Lol no. I just hate when someone makes a broad generalization and the facts clearly don't line up with that generalization. You ride whatever you want to ride. So long as you're sliding sideways down a mountain I couldn't give a fuck what you ride. But don't try to tell me that a crc board holds back advanced riders. It doesn't.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
CRC holds back intermediate riders. Pretty much anything forgiving can reinforce bad habits if you're not careful.

That's why I think camber is best for intermediates to progress on. After that, ride what you're having the most fun on and that suits the conditions and style of riding you're after.

Nobody here is a pro caliber rider and past a certain point it's not the gear holding us back. It's just preference and what you're used to riding - pick something and ride the shit out of it and that will be the best board for you. I love my camber but there's no way in hell I couldn't ride just as well on a board like the Goldmember.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
If I've gotta take kids to soccer practice I buy a minivan. If Im driving on the Autobahn I get a Corvette. Depending on the situation a corvette might be a superior or inferior vehicle.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Jesus christ where did they touch you? I think there is more a hate cult going on then any fanboy cult around here. Sheep be sheep'n. I said they aren't heavy, and they simply aren't. It's a bit over the top this blind ns hate.
I said what I said. In the feels, they touched me in the feels.
How is it blind hate? He made factually correct observations about construction. What wasn’t accurate in what he said?
Damn skippy
Ya theres a lot of misinformation in this thread. Much of it originates from a single semi-influential source which has permeated the forum community pretty deeply.
I am more than semi-influential, it's ok you can admit it.
It's horses for courses, just frustrates me when someone tells me their horse is a race horse when it's clearly dressage
I love this analogy.
Oh the fourm is chalk full of bluntly calling out the hate for all things Mervin that was developed and instilled by The Angry community back in the day. And now despite their change back to being pro Mervin when Mervin agreed to renew their partnership much of the mistrust and hatred sewn over the years continues to linger. It's kind of fun to watch though, like watching Trump try to convince people to get the vaccine.

It's the same with NS although at least with them they do admit to it being partial location bias.
Dear sweet baby jeebus, we have been over that, like, a lot.
I have zero doubt that nivek knows more about snowboards than I ever will and I'm stoked with his alchemist recommendation, but there has to be more to this heavy hating on ns stuff here then simply a snowboard that isn't liked.
Definitely. There are plenty of other shit boards, but NS gets a little special attention from me due to the consistent issues I have with the brand, which is rare (as in rare to have a brand problem vs product problem). How can I attempt to work on their correction? Well, y'all gave me influence, I can't make a dent in them by not buying boards as I don't buy any boards really (I'm spoiled I know), so I will influence who I can to not buy them.
Oh ok. So these super advanced riders only ride snowboards that actually hold them back because they get paid to do so? Thats.... a stretch.
Nope not really. At their level they really truly can ride anything. And when looking at a rider like Corning, what the hell is he supposed to ride OTHER than RC? THey have one camber board, and he hasn't been riding it cause you can actually spot that shit in photos and video, so suddenly, now that they do camber, he's just gonna switch when he has dialed his run on rocker? And in video the stakes are (usually) lower for a make it this time perfect kinda riding. So the margin of "betterness" that their preferred profile would give them is less critical.
This thread is spicy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like a serrano

Reactions: Phedder and Jkb818

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I challenge everyone on here to find a 'compromise' board that they HAVE to ride for one full season (outside of huge dumps and boilerplate). I feel like everyone would grow more by being a minimalist.

I could strap T-Rice down to an ironing board and he'd still hit pillow lines better than I would on the bestnewestmostexpensiveest Orcaflavoroftheseason.

There's no real mervin hate on this forum anymore. The NS 'hate' is more so annoyance because they're like the Nas of snowboard manufacturing. "Camber is dead". "Oh wait, we brought camber back to life". Like fuck off and just make your fucking boards already and let them stand for themselves without the hype. Jeez.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I challenge everyone on here to find a 'compromise' board that they HAVE to ride for one full season (outside of huge dumps and boilerplate). I feel like everyone would grow more by being a minimalist.

Endeavor Archetype works for me...could also be fine on the NP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
If it's the ultimate compromise, ride the profile I like least, I think I'd be pretty damn happy on a Gnu Hyper Kyarve.

Otherwise my Banker really does handle everything I throw at it, the way I want it to handle them. I'd be very happy 'stuck' riding it.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
The only compromise I’d really have to make at this point would be twin. But even then, not much of a compromise. Give me any combo of camber and shape and I’ll find something to ride everyday and be satisfied

161 - 180 of 218 Posts