Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We haz it. It's September, and time to start obsessing. What are your plans? Planning on buying a new board? Going to a new mountain? Finally learn a trick or skill that's been eluding you?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
My plan: Buy Nitro Quiver Pow, sell Rossi Sushi. I have the Pow. Now to sell the Sushi. And then with the Ikon Pass, hit up Jackson Hole, Big Sky and maybe a few other I haven't been to.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Finally got my $10 junk shop 2014 Jones Solution set up. Can’t wait til I feel how that thing rips.

Then maybe pick up a diamond blade for groomer bombing—that is, IF the boss allows.

Finally, eyeballing a “work trip” to Snowbird in March. Trail map looks sweet!

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Other than getting a Revy vertical card just waiting for the snow to fall. Of course some time to ride would be good. Gear wise I have everything I need, but could do with a new pair of boots if I manage to make some money, or a pair of insoles if I don't. Oh, a job without a drug test would be stellar.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got myself a new Bataleon Goliath and new SP Core Multientry bindings. Planning to test out the Anon Helo or Rodan helmet,and M4 toric or cylindrical goggles with MFI (to maybe replace my Smith Maze and IO7 ). Booked trips to Bad Gastein Austria , Livigno Italy , 2 Alpes and Val Thorens in France. Maybe ad a trip to Bansko, Bulgaria in between. Oh, and pray for snow

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got the Nitro pass. Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon. Bought it last year for 350 and already have 10 days on it.

Got the Jay Peak pass as well because the Nitro has blackout dates and also insane crowds at SR and Loon. I have been saving my vacation days so I can take a few Monday/Fridays off and go up to Jay for a long weekend.

I am going to practice spinning. Last year I improved switch riding, grabs, and rails.

Can't wait to get on the mountain with the homies.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bout to buy my season pass, got my replacement warranty ride warpig 2 months ago, Japow in January, hoping season starts id-november up here in BC.

Also hoping the warpig don't crap out like my last one, simple 180 tail heavy caused the front nose to crack.

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Other than getting a Revy vertical card just waiting for the snow to fall. Of course some time to ride would be good. Gear wise I have everything I need, but could do with a new pair of boots if I manage to make some money, or a pair of insoles if I don't. Oh, a job without a drug test would be stellar.
What size boot are you. I have some spare insoles kicking around I used for props in some videos, can't use them for anything else. I'll send them to you if it makes your riding better.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,010 Posts
Hmmm... riding wise, same same. As little resort riding as needed to stay in shape and don't forget how ride a t-bar, as much off piste/bc as possible.

No need for new gear, only want to get my weak foot into working. Lot of effort spent the last two years to get that foot back on track...
Found a new good orthopedist who also is a trained shoemaker. Got new custom orthopedic insoles which support the surgery fixed foot way better than ever and the guy also meant that he can do some tinkering with my bc boots to make them fit better. So... there's hope I may be able to get into longer touring again this year. Hurrah!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I spent too much time watching my son race (yes, he is a skier) last season than snowboard. And for the first time in 10 years we didn't go west for a week. So my goals are to get out as much as possible to the local hills, hit northern MI a couple times and a couple trips to CO and/or UT. Close to booking a trip to CO between the holidays, have a free place to stay, just need to work on the logistics.

Also, spent a shitload of cash on my son's racing setup, now that he's working I need to focus on me and my gear.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Picked up a 156 Orca and still have my 164x NS Snowtrooper. Got both a Bogus Basin pass with Powder Alliance and the Ikon. Already have trips planned to JH and Big Sky. Probably going to hit up Schweitzer as well. And luckily since I live equidistant to Tahoe, Utah, and the Cascades I will hit whichever one has better snow this year at the Ikon resorts.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Aiming to ride more weekends and maybe do a few nights of trunk camping. Buy a new board! Get better at riding and have fun while doing it.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
What size boot are you. I have some spare insoles kicking around I used for props in some videos, can't use them for anything else. I'll send them to you if it makes your riding better.
You got any boards you used for props in videos that you can't use that will make my riding better? :laugh2:

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
Dude! That just made my day if they fit or not. I got some 10.5 or 11's. Thanks a lot eh
Hit me with an email [email protected] I'll get them out next week.

You got any boards you used for props in videos that you can't use that will make my riding better? :laugh2:
I do, but you have to buy at least 3 mystery boxes on angrysnowboarderstore.com.

·
-Weekend Warrior-
3,497 Posts
Stoked on the upcoming season. I have 3 passes this year so I’m riding pretty much anywhere in state that I want and plan to break my days on snow record.

I booked and paid for my flight to Munich, so barring the unforeseen I’m riding the alps at Ischgl Austria in March along with Colorado in late January-early February.

Oh and I need boots, stiff and expensive ones. sigh.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts