Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I bought a capita mercury 159 for 375$, (Fucking miracle price) in July. Just booked a week a jay peak. Aaaaaaaand thumb twiddling begins.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Other than getting a Revy vertical card just waiting for the snow to fall. Of course some time to ride would be good. Gear wise I have everything I need, but could do with a new pair of boots if I manage to make some money, or a pair of insoles if I don't. Oh, a job without a drug test would be stellar.
You're size 10.5/11? I've got some boots to send you for shipping cost. Burton Imperials size 11 or Salomon Synapse Wide 10.5 if those fit. Can't help you with the drug test though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got a trampoline this year. I've been thinking of practicing my backside spins. For some strange reason I have a mental block when spinning in that direction on snow.

Also I saw Snowboard procamp had done a video on how to do MFM. I may try to strap on board to try it out.

But... most likely I will just sit around and do nothing and try to keep my mind off snow until it actually snows.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am taking half a year off from work to spend the whole winter in the mountains (alps). Bought 3 new boards, one of them a splitboard. I have a few plans, from getting into splitboarding to working on improving my riding technique, but in general i just want to have a great time during this (my only?) +100 days season.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
I am taking half a year off from work to spend the whole winter in the mountains (alps). Bought 3 new boards, one of them a splitboard. I have a few plans, from getting into splitboarding to working on improving my riding technique, but in general i just want to have a great time during this (my only?) +100 days season.
Sounds like an awesome plan!!

If you're gonna start to do splits in bc and/or "slack" country...? Be sure to get the proper avalanche education/training if you haven't already. (...so it won't be your only 100+ season!) :blink:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Continue to lose weight. Continue to get stronger and finally defeat my bad lower back (been getting stronger over the last couple of months, and the pain is no longer miserable on a daily basis). Try valiantly not to buy a backup pair of Burton Clutches, or a Lumberjack 152 (already kinda got my travel quiver sorted - Clutches, Rome MT 157, Lumberjack 158).

Japan some time next year, hopefully for a month-month and a half, to not only ride but test if I can work from there without my company knowing (nice suits and all, but they're pretty fucking stupid people at the core, most of them).

Contemplate how I want to approach the next 5 years of my snowboard life, whilst simultaneously trying not to write a thesis about the cancer that is Aussie fashion brigade non-snowboarders who've got a little bit of disposable income, Jetstar flights are on sale for $199, snowboarding looks so cool so yeah I've done 5 days riding total, and now me and my mates are all getting on a fucking plane to Japan.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Two months from now I’ll finally have my trade certification. A couple months after that I’ll be moving into the house that the love of my life and I now own in the mountains. I’ll be living within an hours drive of probably the best backcountry in North America, and I’m really looking forward to it. It’s been snowing overnight out there any time it rains for a couple weeks now. I don’t have a job lined up yet but we’ll see how long my cash reserves and my knees can last if I’m riding all the time out on the powder highway.

Sorry Vancouver. It’s been a real 33 years, but I’m off to live my dreams!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I’ll be looking to get my stoke back. Went to Mammoth 4 years ago, Copper 2 years ago but barely rode the local “hill” at all last year. Spent lots of cash this year (condo, car, boat) so I haven’t gotten my season pass yet. :-/

No new gear for me but I do have a pair of 9.5 Burton SL10’s that are in good shape that I’d give to someone who’s in need. I think they’re from 2011 or 2012 with pretty light use and no funky smells to them.

Maybe there should be a “free gear to a good cause” thread??

·
Registered
347 Posts
I’ll be looking to get my stoke back. Went to Mammoth 4 years ago, Copper 2 years ago but barely rode the local “hill” at all last year. Spent lots of cash this year (condo, car, boat) so I haven’t gotten my season pass yet. :-/

No new gear for me but I do have a pair of 9.5 Burton SL10’s that are in good shape that I’d give to someone who’s in need. I think they’re from 2011 or 2012 with pretty light use and no funky smells to them.

Maybe there should be a “free gear to a good cause” thread??
Nice to see another Palmer fan - Still have one? I take out my Palmer Crown from 06 every once in a while.

With terms to long down hill to the season, I'm trying to hold out once more and not buy that Sims Pro Model
*I will not go on tactics boardshop I will not go on tactics boardshop I WILL NOT GO ON....goes on tactics boardshop*

·
Registered
41 Posts
Picked up another pair of Kinco 900MAX gloves and couldnt pass up on the $500 discount a friends son got me that works for ArcTeryx on a new Sidwinder jacket.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Picked up another pair of Kinco 900MAX gloves and couldnt pass up on the $500 discount a friends son got me that works for ArcTeryx on a new Sidwinder jacket.
Their Storm Hood is by far the best I've ever used. So many adjustments you can make to have it fit and move with you perfectly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Told myself I wasn't getting anything new this season but upgraded to a Smith Vantage helmet. Overall pleased with the purchase so far.

More stoked that I convinced my gf to buy all her own gear and first board!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Goals:
Finally master steep & deep with elegance (consistent s-turns), and get the technical nuances down to second nature
Ride the best pow
Finally go to Tahoe
If the right price and time, maybe a heli

Kit:
Probably no changes. fix bindings. get new PYL board (https://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/262973-yes-pyl-159-160-162-a.html)
Maybe start riding with a backpack

That'll do. Can't wait. October :blahblah:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts