Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Keystone announces theyre gonna open tomorrow and be the first resort to open, a title usually held by Loveland or A-Basin. So what's A-Basin do? They go F it we're gonna just open today then! I'm not sure if this is hilarious or ridiculous. Either way those are some early turns!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ridiculous. Not gonna lie though, had I realized it was gonna be that empty I would've probably gone.
It's empty because nobody knew they were gonna be open. They literally went "we're gonn lose out to Keyston of all people, wait what if we just open right now" "But we don't have anybody to work" "Ya well nobody is gonna be here to ski anyway because they don't know we're gonna open! That's the point and we get to claim first to open"

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
I was at the gym and got the notice at 1:50, I was in the parking lot at 2:15. I got third chair, Nate Doggg had been camped out at Keystone when the notice went out and he rallied up there to get first chair. I'd say there were maybe 150 people there if that. I got 3 laps in before 4pm and then dipped out.

A Basin had more than enough staff, Keystone on the other hand it's going to be fucking hilarious. They've called in their retail division staff to work mountain ops. Also with the 15 dollar lift ticket all the first year snow carnies from Keystone were there bragging about it.

As far as conditions that was the narrowest WROD I've seen at A basin. Snow itself wasn't bad way less ice than in years past, but it was lumpy as hell.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Ridiculous. Not gonna lie though, had I realized it was gonna be that empty I would've probably gone.
Opening days used to be so fuckin' good, I would try & hit all the locals around here, even if the mtn was a shitty one
Seems like the mtn's around here, are also in a race to be the first open to.

Opening day used to be one of the best days of the year, :embarrased1:when you went off trail>:). Super deep untouched lines all day..

Now a days you get one narrow ultra thin groomer, littered with boulders & there isn't even snow anywhere else.

TT

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was at the gym and got the notice at 1:50, I was in the parking lot at 2:15. I got third chair, Nate Doggg had been camped out at Keystone when the notice went out and he rallied up there to get first chair. I'd say there were maybe 150 people there if that. I got 3 laps in before 4pm and then dipped out.

A Basin had more than enough staff, Keystone on the other hand it's going to be fucking hilarious. They've called in their retail division staff to work mountain ops. Also with the 15 dollar lift ticket all the first year snow carnies from Keystone were there bragging about it.

As far as conditions that was the narrowest WROD I've seen at A basin. Snow itself wasn't bad way less ice than in years past, but it was lumpy as hell.
Ya thats what happened when you go we'll open probably Sunday/Monday for first, oh shit Keystone is gonna open tomorrow, guess we're going with this. They didn't even give the cats a full day to prep slopes. They never had any intention of opening with those conditions. This may be the pettiest yet semi-entertaining thing I've seen in the industry in a while

1 - 9 of 9 Posts