Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May as well get everyone in one thread together.

This thread is for all things related to STEVENS PASS. Booze, sex, and drug talk highly encouraged.

I'm riding tomorrow (11/24), anyone else going to be up there? I won a 11.5 gram joint from a dispensary so I'm going to need some help tackling this beast :dizzy:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I'm debating whether to go up tomorrow or not. I have a pass, but still not sure if it'll be worth the drive. They got rained on earlier this week which is why there were closed and then we got the freeze, so I'm thinking it is a sheet of ice out there. Plus only 4 lifts open (Daisy, Brooks, Hogs, Skyline) meaning lines will be insane.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the same boat as you, but it's my weekend and even if the snow is total shit I'll still be able to dick around and have a beer or twelve.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Went Saturday for some groomers. Snow wasn't bad, but the coverage (even on groomers) was getting worse as the day went on. Lift lines weren't terrible, but for the love of God QUAD UP PEOPLE! Is it really that hard? Half the chairs only had 2 people on them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Here comes the storm!

Monday is looking best, but I'll have to settle for Sunday because of work. Crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't warm up as much as NOAA says it might during the day Sunday.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Been watching the storm move in. Think I am going to head up for a half day tomorrow am. The wife is skipping out of school and I am taking Wednesday off too. Forecast says 8 degrees Wednesday, but it will be nice and sunny.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doing my snow dance for you guys, hope it dumps down here while I'm up in Whis so I can come back to some pow!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
^^Wish I could, but work calls. Buddy of mine is probably headed to Crystal this morning, seems like the best bet for pow. Kinda worried about how all the rain affected the snowpack at Stevens. From what I saw on the webcam, it looked like a lake at the base yesterday.

·
Registered
297 Posts
^^Wish I could, but work calls. Buddy of mine is probably headed to Crystal this morning, seems like the best bet for pow. Kinda worried about how all the rain affected the snowpack at Stevens. From what I saw on the webcam, it looked like a lake at the base yesterday.
That is the only reason I didn't go yesterday. It looked more like the end of the season than the first of December.

I just rearranged my schedule. Gonna head up tomorrow now instead. Hope they keep the back side open tomorrow too :bowdown:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Backside did not open today.... at least not by when I left (maybe 2:45)

I am probably going to head up tomorrow as well. It was a BLOWER pow day all day.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Backside won't be open tomorrow but Big Chief and 7th Heaven will be.

^^^Hit me up if you want to ride or have a safety meeting. I'll check my PM's through the day.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Glad the backside didn't open yesterday, haha. Pretty hellish week at work for me so no go on any time off unfortunately. Conditions look incredible right now though. Just think of how ridiculous it would have been if it didn't rain all day Sunday.....

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I'll be there Thursday. just harvest some super fire white lotus. will also have some dank shatter and my pen. May brig the torch for lunch. hit me up if you wanna smoke.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I'm so envious of all you fuckers...the snow finally started falling again as soon as I went out of town. Hope it keeps up until I get back. Here's what I was doing yesterday, so it's not all bad I guess:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Came back and saw that 11" had fallen, hopefully some of you guys were out there gettin it! Lucked out at Whistler and despite the early conditions I was able to hike to some lines and get fully pitted in some blower pow.

Felt fucking fantastic, but I need my Stevens pow days! Whistler just has no heart... I gave a few yeeews from the chair lift and everyone looked at me like I was going full retard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm going up for my first day of the season tomorrow!! So stoked to try out my new bindings! AHHH WHY CANT IT BE TOMORROW

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How was it for you varth?

I just went yesterday and had to really search to find some fresh. Ended up searching around the Tye Stick area for the first time and found an awesome chute that leads into the area between 7th heaven and Tye. Everything else was pretty much garbage, but those turns made the day worth it.

1 - 20 of 343 Posts