Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Went Saturday for some groomers. Snow wasn't bad, but the coverage (even on groomers) was getting worse as the day went on. Lift lines weren't terrible, but for the love of God QUAD UP PEOPLE! Is it really that hard? Half the chairs only had 2 people on them.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Here comes the storm!

Monday is looking best, but I'll have to settle for Sunday because of work. Crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't warm up as much as NOAA says it might during the day Sunday.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
^^Wish I could, but work calls. Buddy of mine is probably headed to Crystal this morning, seems like the best bet for pow. Kinda worried about how all the rain affected the snowpack at Stevens. From what I saw on the webcam, it looked like a lake at the base yesterday.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Glad the backside didn't open yesterday, haha. Pretty hellish week at work for me so no go on any time off unfortunately. Conditions look incredible right now though. Just think of how ridiculous it would have been if it didn't rain all day Sunday.....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Rode Stevens on Friday, waaaaay better than expected. Kinda heavy snow down low, but was good up high. Felt more like 6" or so up higher, and nobody was charging through the trees at all so I had good POW turns for most of the day. Looks like we got another storm coming at the end of the week, keep your fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
^^Yeah, never listen to NOAA. But when Cliff Mass gets excited, I listen. Apparently the Vancouver Island convergence zone is supposed to get pretty active Friday afternoon/night, which is what brought us 39" day at Stevens last year.....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'll be up Sunday for sure, and am considering coming up for an hour or so Saturday before heading back to watch the Hawks. Not holding my breath for the total nukeage NOAA is predicting, most of the time they're full of ish. Still will be awesome though. Snoq better open after this storm too so our lines go down.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Wow, I'm glad I got up so early. We rolled in right before 8am and got 3rd or 4th chair up. So many face shots today, I was rocking a pow beard on pretty much every turn. Got a little wet and heavy later in the afternoon though, but I've got no complaints.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hell yea, epic day. When I left it was coming down so hard that tracks were getting filled back in. I just have been right behind you Zag, we were like 15th chair on hogs.

Buddy convinced me to get up early and I'm so glad he did. Apparently they shut down hwy 2 on both sides of the pass.

I was on Sky.....first lap on Sky everyone went to 7th. Didn't feel like waiting in another line since they weren't loading yet so we basically got first tracks down the front aside from ski patrol. Made a few more laps then went to the backside. First lap just a bit skiers left of SC was incredible, high speed pow turns. Spend the rest of the day in powerline trees, and a bit further over into lower Susan Jane once the traverse got cut in.

Best day of the year (for pow) so far. So many face shots. My fleece was soaked by the end of the day because so much snow got down my jacket from the face shots.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
^^Kinda past the powerline trees if you take the traverse waaaaay out there. Easier access would be from hiking lower Rooster and traversing out under Rooster as far as you can go.

Yeah, powerline trees were awesome yesterday. They're my go to spot on a pow day once all the easier in bounds spots are chewed up. Definitely becoming more popular every year though, they're no longer the best kept secret.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Been warm with lots of sun so I'm not surprised by the base loss. Kinda crazy inversion though, topped out at 54 degrees at the top of Skyline yesterday, with a low of 46 last night. Could be some nice spring boarding tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Couple buddies up at Stevens today saw ski patrol bring someone down to Southern Cross base and start performing CPR. Didn't look good from what I heard, likely a tree well incident with all the new snow. Hopefully it turned out better than it looked.

Stay safe out there and take this as a reminder to ALWAYS ski with a buddy on pow days.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.