Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

321 - 340 of 343 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
As killer as this year has started out and no updates ?

Heading up Monday, Wednesday and Xmas eve, then the following Mon, Tues, Wed, seasons pass will be paid off by early next week, gotta love those $200 midweek passes.
Suprised they don't black out the mid-week pass on holidays. Bachelor does, that's the main reason I didn't get the midweek pass here....

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'll be up tomorrow. Red Jacket, black pants, white-ish board if anyone else will be up there.

Hopefully the pass isn't a shit show. Still dumping up there.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I'll be up tomorrow. Red Jacket, black pants, white-ish board if anyone else will be up there.

Hopefully the pass isn't a shit show. Still dumping up there.
Haha. Are you new to the area?

All of Washington will be up there tomorrow...half will match your description

·
Registered
184 Posts
Haha. Are you new to the area?

All of Washington will be up there tomorrow...half will match your description
Yes and Yes.

I know it's going to be a shitshow, and that that isn't enough info alone to go off of. Just wanted to see if anyone else would be up there and if they wanted to meet up.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'll be riding stevens for my first time. Coming from wanatchee. Anyone who wants to meet up let me know. I could use a tour guid

·
Registered
624 Posts
Cluster F**k, curious how busy is Stevens on Xmas eve ?

So how's it been ? How's the coverage ? Heading up tomorrow, first day on the Fish in two years

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'll be riding stevens for my first time. Coming from wanatchee. Anyone who wants to meet up let me know. I could use a tour guid
I could probably show you around, I know my way around up there pretty well. Been a pass holder for a long time. usually ride 60-70 days.

Pretty much all of Christmas break will be a shitshow. Make sure you leave early, as parking can be a real challenge.

I'll probably be headed up on Wednesday. Forecast looks promising.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sorry 509-pow, I just seen your reply, we did go up today, it was pretty killer crowds weren't back at all.

4' of fresh suppose to fall at Stevens by Thursday morning

·
Registered
430 Posts
Headed up again in the morning.

Probably for another half day. Hopefully they figure out the parking situation. Been a joke lately.

anyone else going, I am leaving early, shoot me a PM if you want to shred.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Every pow day I've been up, they have had all the lots blocked off, and are parking the people who get there first (me, 7am) at the furthest lots.

Been parking in the top lot for years now, never seen anything like this year.

Supposedly the pass is closed this morning. Debating whether I want to try and make the drive, wait in the traffic line or not.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've said it once I've said it a million times STEVENS PASS MANAGEMENT IS SO FUCKED, year after year they try their hardest to take the fun out of boarding.

So you get there FIRST (7am) and they make you park in the further east lot ? Over the years (30+ pass holder) they've done nothing but take more stuff away, it used to be if you bought a pass you got free ski check, if you had a midweek pass you could ride Sunday night, parking was first come first serve (AND FREE), the lockers were $1 and there was room to get changed, they very rarely open at 9am (for your safety ?), camping has gone up again, then there's the lines and all that for $69.

Duncan at Baker has never charged for camping or parking and rarely will not open the entire mountain (and if he does there's a discount lift ticket that day) which Stevens does numerous times throughout the year, every year. We only ride during the week (thank god) and we often wonder if the reason some of the chairs aren't running on killer pow days, is because they're saving it for the weekend crowd. Also for years they couldn't even get the snow report right, all we want to know is what fell OVERNIGHT, don't care what fell 24 hrs ago, they've finally started to give a Overnight depth but they can't get that right, what the hell is 9-10", 4-7" pick one

I'd be pretty pissed if I were camping up there right now and only TWO chairs are running ? I'm sure there are plenty of employees up there to open the front side.

I'll continue to ride there for the location, the terrain and the PNW POWDER, because they'll never take the stoke of snowboarding out of me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've said it once I've said it a million times STEVENS PASS MANAGEMENT IS SO FUCKED, year after year they try their hardest to take the fun out of boarding.

So you get there FIRST (7am) and they make you park in the further east lot ? Over the years (30+ pass holder) they've done nothing but take more stuff away, it used to be if you bought a pass you got free ski check, if you had a midweek pass you could ride Sunday night, parking was first come first serve (AND FREE), the lockers were $1 and there was room to get changed, they very rarely open at 9am (for your safety ?), camping has gone up again, then there's the lines and all that for $69.

Duncan at Baker has never charged for camping or parking and rarely will not open the entire mountain (and if he does there's a discount lift ticket that day) which Stevens does numerous times throughout the year, every year. We only ride during the week (thank god) and we often wonder if the reason some of the chairs aren't running on killer pow days, is because they're saving it for the weekend crowd. Also for years they couldn't even get the snow report right, all we want to know is what fell OVERNIGHT, don't care what fell 24 hrs ago, they've finally started to give a Overnight depth but they can't get that right, what the hell is 9-10", 4-7" pick one

I'd be pretty pissed if I were camping up there right now and only TWO chairs are running ? I'm sure there are plenty of employees up there to open the front side.

I'll continue to ride there for the location, the terrain and the PNW POWDER, because they'll never take the stoke of snowboarding out of me.
How about when they say they are planning a 10 o clock opening, so you leave at 6, then wait in line at milepost 58 at the road closure, only to have them tell you they won't open the road until one PM.

But you know the pass is open until 4, so you wait it out, only to find out at 12:10 that stevens pass will be closing the resort at 1pm.

WTF.

Why did I wait for 5 hours today?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ok go ahead and rub in how killer Christmas Day was.

We were so pissed about the hwy closure Christmas Eve, I was stoked to ride the Fish for the first time in 2 years, but nooooooooooo :finger1:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ok go ahead and rub in how killer Christmas Day was.

We were so pissed about the hwy closure Christmas Eve, I was stoked to ride the Fish for the first time in 2 years, but nooooooooooo :finger1:
Yeah, heres the thing.

It wasn't great.

When they said on the website, "We are keeping the powder fresh for you" I took it to mean that maybe they didn't open some of the lifts.

The reality is, they ran all the lifts from 9-12, and had what many of the liftees are calling employee appreciation day.

Therefore, the entire mountain had already been chopped up.

Pretty lame if you ask me.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Was up there Saturday and it was probably the last good day I could have at Stevens until they get another storm. Literally searched/hiked everywhere inbounds and found a few good turns, but not many and had to work for it.

321 - 340 of 343 Posts