Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Yeah I wear extremely thin darn tough snow socks. I tried the boots on again and I just can't stand it. I never felt pain or tightness this extreme before, and the top of my foot is actively pushing the liner tongue up and out of where it should rest. These must not be the right fit for me I guess, I tried pulling the tongues out from the boot as much as possible just to see if I still felt pain and I did.

Also the TM-2's I got have dual boa instead of traditional laces. I wonder if I have a high instep but whenever I look into info for that, everything I found is about arches and not instep. I think my arches are normal but the top of my foot might just be too high.

I had Salomon LoFi's in the same size that I had to return due to a design flaw that makes the boot unusable, but they were tight and comfortable right out of the box and felt perfect for my foot. Vans Infuse also in half a size up were great, but still had heel lift so I am going to try Vans Aura Pro's in my true size.
K ray, have you done any boot fitting with the TM's? The inner laces are to hold your shin...thus the foot back in to the heel pocket. Have you tried pushing the liner tongue down instead of pulling it up?...it might sound counter-intuitive but try it.

Take a side profile pic...sounds like you might have a high instep and high arch. Ime, first, you definitely want an insole that supports and matches your high arch. Secondly you will need to deal with the high instep (I have both). So first get some self-adhesive boot fitting foam that is 1/4" or 3.8" thick. Cut a patch that will fit over your instep where there is pressure. Then stick that patch on your instep and cover with a very thin sock or nylon to hold the patch in place. Heat up the liners per the usual recommended method...rice or low temp oven...goggle it. When it is done cooking. Put your liner in the boot, then put in your correct insole, and then your nylon covered feet with the patch. Then tighten the inner laces and then both boas....snug but not hella tight. And stand in an athletic stance with knees bent in your standard with and angles (not with the board on). Stand quietly in the athletic stance until everything is cool...about 15-20 minutes. Your feet with the boot fitting patch will be very tight...your feet might go numb and be in pain...frick'n ignore the weakness and just take it. When the boots are cool, remove your feet, take off the patch and then put your feet back in...it should be alot more comfortable.

Then go ride...but know that 32 liners continue to pack out and you will need to add foam bits to the outside of the liners to keep everything feeling snug and giving you a performance fit. Boot fitting and liner mods are an on-going process....it is not a 1 and done. If you think it is easy and simple....get another sport like ping pong.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Both definitely. I think it's intentionally like this and would pack out or be fixed with heat molding, but my foot feels zero hints of comfort in this thing. I know boots should be snug but I also know they shouldn't be painful all around your foot before riding or molding. The other pain is just from the general tightness but the material does not feel comfortable. Like a Vans or Salomon liner in the same size will be just as tight but not feel like death to my feet.
Intuition liners are stiff and feel hard when new and it takes 5-6 days of riding to get them feeling good...even with heat moulding.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Pussy Foot...ya ain't Puss-In-Boots...well maybe ya are, but without the swagger....get yer ballz out of your purse! Your peds are fucked! So are you going to operate on your feet or your boots? A performance fit and slipper comfort right out of the box is extremely rare...I'd guess less than 2%. So you need to decide where to start...instep or heel hold both can be dealt with. Boot fitting is a process and a progression that ime is ongoing through out the life of any boot. In fact after riding this past Friday...third season in my AT boots, I was developing maybe 3/8" of heel rise; so I added a 1/4" foam strip 1/4"x 2" above the heel to make the pocket a tad deeper...hopefully it should work.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Def not expecting perfect right out of the box, but I will need to get my foot further in the heel pocket and then re-mold first. I wish I could at least identify what's causing my loss of circulation though. While the toes can curl a bit and the j-bars can be a bit tight, they aren't uncomfortably tight. So I don't know what makes the problem occur. Even in my boots that are too big for me this happens. I might try Popcush insoles though, not sure if they are thicker.

Ah also do you tighten pretty tight for heat molds or keep it somewhat loose?
When heat molding, lace up as if you're going for a ride.

As for the loss of circulation, I like to bump out a space for the veins that run on the top of my foot. They all come together on top of the foot where the tongue presses down. I add a little adhesive foam/moleskin right over those veins when heat molding. It sounds funny as I type it, but my feet have been warmer from better circulation.
See post #6...its a simple circulation thing. Also create a deeper heel pocket with a 1/2 butterfly...by having a deeper heel pocket and having more room for the instep...you will not need to have the lower foot crushed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.