Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I love the TM3 shell but the liner isn't for me. I'm going to try them with the tm2 liner tomorrow and cross my fingers that it helps.

Id wear the lasso instead but I to add a bunch of foam to them.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No, I have to order direct from the brand for those and shipping is going to take forever :/ might try now i guess. Missing this whole season and might as well just give up til next year lmao

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I tried the TM-2's on again because I was so distracted by the tightness and pain that i didn't check heel hold. I can easily pull my heel out and if hold my boot down and stand on my toes. Weird, my ankle sucks ass.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
No, I have to order direct from the brand for those and shipping is going to take forever :/ might try now i guess. Missing this whole season and might as well just give up til next year lmao
You said that two weeks ago too!

Honestly, just order a crap ton of boots on a CC and return them within the window. You can also find them on other retailers, no?

If you're looking for the 'perfect' fit, odds are you're not going to be satisfied by something right out of the box. My lassos were fine for day 1 and 2, but I knew I was going to have to add foam and modify the shell/liner to get things to be where I like them. It's kind of like a cat chasing its tail.... You ride them for a few days and then reposition foam etc if you're that finnicky. I'm hoping that the changes I just made tonight will last me the rest of the season for the most part. Then you re-evaluate the next season because your biomechanics and feet change ever so slightly that it might change how things go together.

I feel fortunate that someone here gave me the rec of trying the TM3 shells with TM2 liners. That experiment has also been promising... but like.... I have 3 pairs of boots right now and I'm mixing and matching and adding foam to try to get things how I like them.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I found Lasso Pros online in a 7. Ordered that, K2 Maysis, and Burton photon. Hopefully one pair fits. I heard the Maysis is not very durable and falls apart fast though

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Just know that you might have to add foam and modify the boots to get something super dialed in. I've had to do that to every boot I've ever owned. It was annoying till I realized that no manufacturer could do it as well as me unless I got custom boots and liners.

I'm curious what you think about the pros. I might move to the fuse in the future because the lace plus slime tongue combo might be awesome.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah, I feel the same. But I am also in the boat where every boot in my size causes numbness and pain within 10 minutes, especially on top of the foot. I might have to go up half a size and start adding foam to compensate.

I'll let you know how I feel about the slime tongue when the Lasso Pro arrives, But I probably dig it. I love easier tongue velcro systems with liners, like that tongue and the way Vans does it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just gonna take a moment to again say I wish the Salomon Lo Fi's didn't have a defect, it's by far my favorite boot I've ever tried on. Don't want to order the same size from Salomon and wait a week again only to find out it's not a one-off issue.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Just gonna take a moment to again say I wish the Salomon Lo Fi's didn't have a defect, it's by far my favorite boot I've ever tried on. Don't want to order the same size from Salomon and wait a week again only to find out it's not a one-off issue.
If you like it so much it's probably worth trying again.

I think it's a great combination myself. I'll be ordering another set of Fuse next year.
I have a line on a set for a great price but they're not returnable. I expect them to fit because it's the same liner and last as the lasso but like... I have two sets of shoes right now that kinda work so feels a bit superfluous to add a third... Says the guy with like 6 boards....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same happened to me!
I initially got a pair of DC Mora, but it's toe box was too narrow for me. So I got a pair of ThirtyTwo TM2 Double Boa. The tounge was pressing my right foot too much. To be more specific, it's extensor digitorum i think.

However, I got 2020 model with discount though. OP, are your thirtytwo boots 2021 version? Maybe it is just how it's designed. I own a pair of 4 years old Thirtytwo dual boa, but never had this issue.

I am going to bring to evo for boot fitting and ask weather DC Mora or ThirtyTwo TM2 gonna break in more easily for me.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Yesterday I got a new set of last year TM3's on sale to ride next season. I measure a 28cm, maybe just a hair over on one foot, so I go with a US 10.

It's difficult to get my feet into the boots. They are SNUG, as in every toe is touching the front without wiggle room. There is no immediate pain, and no numbness when I tighten them up and leave them on for 20 minutes. (This is not true for the TM2 or TM2 XLT, with the XLT's cutting off circulation very quickly. There is no pain and the numbness is fixed with a heat mold.)

My arch in my left foot gets sore after 20 minutes in them and I'm experimenting with different footbeds to fix that. Best so far are the stock insoles with the Large arch supports which were more comfortable than my Remind Cush from my TM2's that work great there. I don't feel the need to immediately replace these, but I might try some Remind Medics I had in another set of boots.

I think I could ride in these boots as-is if I took them off to massage my feet after an hour or so, and I think after 5 days in them they'd be comfortable. Strapping in with them takes the pressure off of my toes enough to where they're still hitting the front but it's not uncomfortable.

So for me, at the upper end of the Mondo size, they are perfectly uncomfortably snug out of the box. I'm pretty sure with a heat mold and 2-3 days of riding they're going to feel like they were made out of liquid poured over my feet that hardened. That's the fit that I go for.

I'd say if you're feeling any pain more dramatic than that, it's probably worth searching for a different boot.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Pussy Foot...ya ain't Puss-In-Boots...well maybe ya are, but without the swagger....get yer ballz out of your purse! Your peds are fucked! So are you going to operate on your feet or your boots? A performance fit and slipper comfort right out of the box is extremely rare...I'd guess less than 2%. So you need to decide where to start...instep or heel hold both can be dealt with. Boot fitting is a process and a progression that ime is ongoing through out the life of any boot. In fact after riding this past Friday...third season in my AT boots, I was developing maybe 3/8" of heel rise; so I added a 1/4" foam strip 1/4"x 2" above the heel to make the pocket a tad deeper...hopefully it should work.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Yesterday I got a new set of last year TM3's on sale to ride next season. I measure a 28cm, maybe just a hair over on one foot, so I go with a US 10.

It's difficult to get my feet into the boots. They are SNUG, as in every toe is touching the front without wiggle room. There is no immediate pain, and no numbness when I tighten them up and leave them on for 20 minutes. (This is not true for the TM2 or TM2 XLT, with the XLT's cutting off circulation very quickly. There is no pain and the numbness is fixed with a heat mold.)

My arch in my left foot gets sore after 20 minutes in them and I'm experimenting with different footbeds to fix that. Best so far are the stock insoles with the Large arch supports which were more comfortable than my Remind Cush from my TM2's that work great there. I don't feel the need to immediately replace these, but I might try some Remind Medics I had in another set of boots.

I think I could ride in these boots as-is if I took them off to massage my feet after an hour or so, and I think after 5 days in them they'd be comfortable. Strapping in with them takes the pressure off of my toes enough to where they're still hitting the front but it's not uncomfortable.

So for me, at the upper end of the Mondo size, they are perfectly uncomfortably snug out of the box. I'm pretty sure with a heat mold and 2-3 days of riding they're going to feel like they were made out of liquid poured over my feet that hardened. That's the fit that I go for.

I'd say if you're feeling any pain more dramatic than that, it's probably worth searching for a different boot.
Throw in the liners from your TM2's or XLT's. I really don't like the TM3 liner. The fit is very finnicky for me fwiw.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Hah, I actually feel like the TM2 liners are more snug since the foam is thicker and you can sink into it a bit instead of ending up in the harder part of the liner.
Yeah initially that's the case but my Tm2's pack out over time so they're ready to be replaced by day 50 or I have to add foam and all that jazz. I'm thinking I might get some more mileage out of these and they'll stay more consistent.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.