Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hit the backside against the ground, almost like you're scraping mud off the bottom of your foot but hit the ground instead. Really try to get your heel as far back into the boot as you can. If there's a heel hold system, lock it down before you lace up the boots.

Yeah, I often still have some toe pressure after heat molding. However, I'm running slightly under my Mondo measurements. I run heel lifts and do some more aggressive molding, but I haven't had to make modifications other than that. My boots fit very comfortably. Sometimes I think I could get more aggressive with it and drop down another half size. I don't want to commit to buying and modding boots if it's not going to work however. I'm thinking I'll try my current used liners in some smaller shells if I go that route.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
These are my ride lassos. I wore them unmodified on day one and didn't want to cut my feet off. Given the difficulty I've had finding boots that fit at all and the multiple subungual hematomas I've had, that's a huge fucking win.

I've ridden in them like 5 times now and this is what they look like.

This is what the liners and shell look like now. If you think you're going to get a perfect fit out of the box when you don't have the average foot... Well.... You're going to be returning a lot of boots.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Thanks, I'll try that next time. But thoughts on toe ramps during molding? It seems to work but I don't know why it's advised against doing that.
I don't mess with toe ramps. I'm not against them though- I suppose they could help seat you into the heel pocket. I generally just get into my preferred snowboarding stance and wait for the liners to cool.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Def not expecting perfect right out of the box, but I will need to get my foot further in the heel pocket and then re-mold first. I wish I could at least identify what's causing my loss of circulation though. While the toes can curl a bit and the j-bars can be a bit tight, they aren't uncomfortably tight. So I don't know what makes the problem occur. Even in my boots that are too big for me this happens. I might try Popcush insoles though, not sure if they are thicker.

Ah also do you tighten pretty tight for heat molds or keep it somewhat loose?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
When heat molding, lace up as if you're going for a ride.

As for the loss of circulation, I like to bump out a space for the veins that run on the top of my foot. They all come together on top of the foot where the tongue presses down. I add a little adhesive foam/moleskin right over those veins when heat molding. It sounds funny as I type it, but my feet have been warmer from better circulation.

·
Registered
294 Posts
As for the loss of circulation, I like to bump out a space for the veins that run on the top of my foot. They all come together on top of the foot where the tongue presses down. I add a little adhesive foam/moleskin right over those veins when heat molding. It sounds funny as I type it, but my feet have been warmer from better circulation.
I do the same thing. I’ve identified this area as a major cause of my discomfort in boots.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Def not expecting perfect right out of the box, but I will need to get my foot further in the heel pocket and then re-mold first. I wish I could at least identify what's causing my loss of circulation though. While the toes can curl a bit and the j-bars can be a bit tight, they aren't uncomfortably tight. So I don't know what makes the problem occur. Even in my boots that are too big for me this happens. I might try Popcush insoles though, not sure if they are thicker.

Ah also do you tighten pretty tight for heat molds or keep it somewhat loose?
When heat molding, lace up as if you're going for a ride.

See post #6...its a simple circulation thing. Also create a deeper heel pocket with a 1/2 butterfly...by having a deeper heel pocket and having more room for the instep...you will not need to have the lower foot crushed.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.