Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
That was one of the few youtube vids I've enjoyed watching in the last while! :thumbsup: I was surprised it didn't break as soon as he started playing with it at the bottom!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Already posted. I think you are missing the point of ett, these boards are nonproduction creations by Signal to see what crazy things they can come up with and produce for fun.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't see it.

I'm not missing the point, hence the just for fun. I thought it was a neat vid, surprised the bindings held on.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Dont understand how this is even remotely close to being worse then that board brake crap..

If i had the money and equipment and time id do the same thing signal does on ett, trying different things for fun. I really enjoy the glass snowboard actualy wish i had one, also the solar panel board i would enjoy havjng aswell.

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,039 Posts
Yeah, I think the point of the snowbrake is that those idiots were serious!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The only way this comes anywhere near the snowbrake is that they were both on angrysnowboarder.

This is awesome and the snowbrake is retarded. To see glass function as a snowboard is incredible.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
To see glass function as a snowboard is incredible.
The funny thing to be is the glass is functioning as core, base, edge, dampening material, etc. etc. etc. all in one! I realize they have two bonded layers but still. I'm impressed it rode as well as it did!

I think the trouble I'd have with building my own board is, I'd want multiple layers of kevlar, zylon, cf, quadraxial FG, rubber, etc. in there. The thing would be an inch thick!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I thought it was super cool to see how they made it and that it actually worked and from what they said handled well.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
That was actually really cool. I'm surprised at how much stress the board could take without completely coming apart. It would make a great piece of art for a hobby room or some similar place.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That was actually really cool. I'm surprised at how much stress the board could take without completely coming apart. It would make a great piece of art for a hobby room or some similar place.
The second I watched that video I was just thinking how awesome that would look in my bar in the loft! I would be very concerned about the cracking of glass around the inserts of the bindings. Would be awesome to try out though, unless it was a slushy day.

·
Veteran Member
11,568 Posts
This was without a doubt one of the best ETT's that Signal has done. Yes it was a failure, but way to think outside of the box. The whole point of the series is to think up of crazy, stupid, awesome things and see if they can make it a reality. They actually got way further than I would have thought.

·
Registered
520 Posts
This was without a doubt one of the best ETT's that Signal has done. Yes it was a failure, but way to think outside of the box. The whole point of the series is to think up of crazy, stupid, awesome things and see if they can make it a reality. They actually got way further than I would have thought.
Is it really a failure if it worked? I mean shit it looks like it lasted at least a few hours. That's more than I would have anticipated. Hell he buttered on the thing, I thought it would crack it then and there.

·
Veteran Member
11,568 Posts
Well Signal was calling it a failure. They got some runs on it so it worked for a little while. I am not knocking it at all. Pretty amazing thing they did with this one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts