Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some of the crap around here about how certain gear makes the rider...I present THIS!

·
Registered
178 Posts
ridiculous! i gotta see him on his regular setup.
i always believed it's the rider and not the gear but the right gear for the kind of riding you wanna do sure does help beginners(me) get things down

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
After reading some of the crap around here about how certain gear makes the rider...I present THIS!
No disrespect intended, and Yeah,.. OK! It's a limp dick, bendy piece of plastic shit, and he does a decent job of riding it! But seriously,.. Those ETT guy's were riding 2 by 4's!!!!!

...Honest to god, 2 inch thick, two by fucking fours!!!!!!

I don't need to see anything else to convince me that with great riders,..

Skill = Rider > Gear!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
since joining this forum Ive learned to hate all my gear and want all new stuff. also watching "we ride" made me realize if people were better than me 30 years ago with a plank for a board, i should probably get better before getting nicer gear.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not to drift off into semantics and philosophical stances, but doesn't this video underscore the argument for good gear to some extent?

A $1,000 setup is not going to take the weekend warrior beyond his own limitations, but I bet this dude could kill it a bit harder with a real board and bindings. Just sayin.

·
-Weekend Warrior-
3,524 Posts
No disrespect intended, and Yeah,.. OK! It's a limp dick, bendy piece of plastic shit, and he does a decent job of riding it! But seriously,.. Those ETT guy's were riding 2 by 4's!!!!!

...Honest to god, 2 inch thick, two by fucking fours!!!!!!

I don't need to see anything else to convince me that with great riders,..

Skill = Rider > Gear!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Man, I gotta find that vid.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
Man, I gotta find that vid.
Hey there Sabatoa, i'm at work n posting this from my slow assed 3G iPhone or I'd search n post the link for you, but the thread is just titled,
ETT. pretyy sure its in the vid forum section!

Definitely a worthwhile watch!!!!!:thumbsup:

(...BTW, happy to hear your recovery seems to be going well!)
:)

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,452 Posts
You do know that 2x4's are only 1.5" thick right :cheeky4:
OMG! You're right! I forgot!

In that case,.. I retract my previous statement! ANY pussy can ride a 1.5 inch thick two by four!!!!!

:cheeky4: ...back atcha!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMG! You're right! I forgot!

In that case,.. I retract my previous statement! ANY pussy can ride a 1.5 inch thick two by four!!!!!

:cheeky4: ...back atcha!!!! ;)
RIGHT!! Takes a real man to handle that extra half inch...errrr...:blink:

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
The blowhole on the back of the one board was hilarious. I want one.
Yeah, same here I think the only problem with his was that he drilled the hole straight down. I think if you angled it more you could get it to go behind you and spray others.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Yeah, same here I think the only problem with his was that he drilled the hole straight down. I think if you angled it more you could get it to go behind you and spray others.
That could be really amusing to do with an old rental board just to see... Haha

1 - 20 of 31 Posts