Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at grabbing another pair of binding at the end of the season. Currently have drake 50's and 390's. I dont really do rails just jumps, my boards are a 166 roundhouse and 163 highlife. Looking at the bent medal venoms, maybe switchbacks just to try em out even if they dont apply to my rideing style. Aslo looking at some targas or ipo's. Looking more for reviews than advice but ill take suggestions.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
I've been riding the IPOs all season, been meaning to finish my review to post on the forum but in the meantime if you haven't read BurtonAvenger's review go do that. Also here's some excerpts that will eventually be in my review.:

Although initially I felt like maybe there were a few times I could've benefited from highbacks, I've ridden these on my Blacklist on absolutely bulletproof ice and not once did I think to myself "A highback would help." I guess there might be times if you're set on cruising or racing or something, but most of the time in most conditions, you don't need the highback, the heelcup and the Kingpin system do the trick and you get some more tweakability and maneuverability. I think this is a fair trade-off.

I gambled on these bindings since I didn't have a chance to demo them and so far I haven't been disappointed at all. They are supremely comfy and the combination of flex and board feel you can get from the hanger/Kingpin system is unparalleled. The IPO s definitely a game changer and the best things about this binding is it's versatility. If you're looking for a true "all mountain" binding that will take you from corduroy to pow stashes to handrails to pillows and back again, the NOW IPO will do it all.
I would stay away from the Switchback. Nothing against it but like you said it doesn't really fit your riding style and it's just a pretty basic binding no frills.

The Targas could be up your alley another pair of bindings that is super customizeable so you can make them pretty much however you want.

Might've ridden the Venoms I definitely rode some sort of Bent Metal but not sure if it was those.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
some other forum members have put them on stiffer boards than my Blacklist (NS Heritage, Jones Flagship) with apparently favorable results. I haven't ridden them on anything but my Arbor or maybe my Niche Knew which is another mid-soft park board. With the NOW's, it's more like you are working directly with the board; the mechanics of how this binding allows you to work with the board is different from a traditional binding so those traditional problems, like a binding that flexes too much or not enough, and therefore transfers energy to the board inefficiently, seem less likely.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
A. Do not get Bent Metals. Even when they were paying Rice, he wouldn't ride them. Had a kid come in during Dew Tour who was sponsored by them, shopping for bindings. Their riders don't ride them.

Get the IPO's. They're rad, they fit your style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.