Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
It basically fits exactly what you are looking for. Its a board that makes you want to give it your all. It's precise and very fast. Just point, commit to your technique, strong edge pressure and you can rip thru any crud, ice, bumps with confident. Edge hold is so good and the board absorbs any chatter really well. It's not really even THAT stiff in my opinion, and isn't that demanding to ride once you get the hang of it. It's stiff, but also flexible torsionally to give lots of board characteristic for pumping carves and ollies n nollies. The carbon tail is rock solid if you need to stomp some big shit, just slam the tail down and it instantly absorbs a lot of your energy and let's you ride away cleanly. The carbon sintered base is extremely fast and the board just wants you to go fast. Did I mention this board is fast? Like coast thru all cat tracks and beat skiers kind of fast. Floats in powder well and just a dream when there's pillows. I love to use the nose as like a shovel or sword and cut the snow back and forth, very satisfying for me. One con I would say is that it's not as nimble in trees. So I've had some difficulty controlling it in tight speeds, and also partly because it wants to go fast, which is the opposite of what my risk taking spider senses tells me to do in tight trees. I rip groomers on it all the time, just carves em up super nice. Sometimes I bomb groomers and I'm sad the run is over too quickly..

· Registered
1,178 Posts
One thing to note is that this year's model doesn't have the carbon infused base anymore, only the Niseko Pleasures.
As of this year the Alchemist/Antidote/Excavator have a wax infused base.

Maybe to reduce the cost, with increasing material prices? Thus keeping the market price the same...
Shrinkflation. It’s sad because that carbon base on the Alchemist was indeed ultra fast.

· Registered
169 Posts
Well, ive got the green ones. 159w and 163
they are very lively, very fast. and i think pretty stiff. i certianly dont want for more stiffness...
from what i get out of them , the faster u ride these the better they perform, they dont really go that well ( esp the 159w) trying to swish about the groomers or tight trees with minimal snow , or having a lazy day, not the deck for that.
longer, wider, steeper ,deeper is where these really perform.
maybe the 157 cud be a decent sttiffer daily driver .. i got the 163 for that role and it wasnt the best choice for me.
but saying that putting the 163 on an edge and going as far as u can on it is a feeling not a lot of other decks can best.

float is excellent. it destroys crud, its edge hold is like a scaplel, its a deck heavier guys wlll enjoy .
its quick.. and its ULTRA stable no matter what speed ur at.

the 159w is a beast with size 9s unless its deeper pow its VERY very hard to turn on piste. i hate to say it bu its awful really but if u got 10.5s and more i guess it cud comes into its own,
i got the 159w for powder only and for that its a dream deck. i havnt been left wondering , again fast is good.
personally i dont think they are as good resort board as others , yes optimisitic i rate much higher , maybe for guys taller than 6 foot they cud be but i have much better options for riding gelende days.

i did get this one on a cp of days last season tho that i wudnt swap for any other deck , side stashes to the knee type thing was ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yea..

good decks jsut a bit more purpose built than daily IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts