Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
k2 turbo dream, k2 ultra dream, arbor element, or capita bsod?

Hey, its time to get a new board..and binding..and boots.(my boots are falling apart and bindings are 4 years old(same as board) and slightly to small) Ive been riding 8 years, so im no beginner, but it has been a while since i bought a board. I mostly ride moguls(deeper sidecut would help?), some hard pack, powder(and some ice..but try to avoid that xD occasionally ill ride park. doubt ill do rails, but walls and jumps.(motocross background love to be in the air). Im looking at the k2 turbo dream, k2 ultra dream, arbor element, and capita bsod. which would be best?

What size should i be looking for?
I believe height and weight would get proper sizing? So 5'11" 150lb size 11-12 shoes.(I think i'm okay on a normal board over a wide?)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lamar mission, and honestly dont like a whole lot about it anymore. It seems sorta heavy and stiff, doesnt cut hard enough(yes my edges are sharp) isnt great in the powder or moguls. does ok in the park.

Ohh and budget is around 400.(can be more if its worth it.)

·
Registered
964 Posts
It wan't a suggestion, just a comment on how a lot of these "what board should I get?" threads go. Even when a person is trying to choose between three other boards, someone still manages to suggest Never Summer.

I'm not hating on NS, I own one. Just making an observation.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
by no means a board guru, but Ive been real happy with Arbor we got 2.

How about the Arbor Element?

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Something rocker but stiff might do ya well. The rocker will bend into the bumps easier and stiff so you can carve on it.

K2 Turbo Dream, Venture Zephyr, Flow Rush, or an Arbor Element RX.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
by no means a board guru, but Ive been real happy with Arbor we got 2.

How about the Arbor Element?
My buddy has an Arbor Element and he loves it. I've rode it several times and it has a great ride. I sold him my Cartels and that really set it off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
k2 turbo dream, k2 ultra dream, arbor element, and capita bsod. which would be best for what i originally described? For bindings im going with either gnu agro or mutant. if this has any affect on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts