Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Time for a new ride

178 2
I received the ok from the purchasing dept.(wife) that a new ride was feasible. Most of my experience has been on freestyle boards and alpine boards(still have a PJ 6.2) I'm getting back into the sport (15yr hiatus) Below are models in the 160W-164W range that have caught my eye. Anybody have an insight on the models mentioned below?
NS Proto FR
K2 Alchemist
Rossi XV
GNU Banked Country
Burton Flight Att.(only because it's a helluva deal)

Me...5'10, 240, 10.5 boot. Primarily ride W.Michigan ice, crud, corn, man-made.

Thx, Nate
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Riding ice and man made to me says no rocker dominant anything, kill that NS.
Alchemist is good, but that nose is a little soft for big bois in my opinion.
XV to me is a pretty dedicated freeride board. I know there are people that ride it every day, but the characteristics for me don't scream only board situation.
Banked Country could work. It's a stiff boi for sure though.
FA is a snowboard, it's ok. Never been a standout for me.
I would look at the Arbor Bryan Iguchi, Nidecker Espace Plus, Jones Flagship, Lib Tech Dynamo. All solid for your conditions to ride every day for the kind of riding you're after.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are great choices also. Thanks for pointing them out. I do like the Lib Tech quite a bit also. As far as the models I mentioned, there is a brand new, still in wrapped Alchemist 159W that I have a lead on for just over dealer costs. I'm really tempted to pick it up, and if it's not what I like I could still turn it around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts