Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The basics:

I'm 6'0, 210 lbs, size 10 boot.

No park for me. Small jumps, groomers, powder, like to go fast. I'd call myself intermediate.

The board I have now is an Atomic Piq 165 that I got a very good deal on. It's in good shape, couple small divots that need to be repaired and some wax and it'll be good to go.

Problem is, it's all I know. I haven't rode other boards recently, and what I have ridden was rentals when I was a rank beginner. My board feels pretty forgiving to me, NEVER catches edges.

I don't mind spending a little money if it means I'll get some major ride improvement.

I'm considering a NS Premiere F1, LOVE the graphics, video review makes it sound like something I would like. Problem is, I don't know what I have now other than it's a camber board that feels fairly stiff, and how anything I get would be different.

Comments appreciated, especially if someone has ridden the Atomic.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You would probably enjoy something with a hybrid rocker, i.e. rocker and camber combined. There are a ton of them out there, from just about each company: NS, Lib, Burton, Gnu, K2, etc. Personally I would hang up the Atomic board...I have never ridden one that I liked (it has been about 3 or 4 years since I have been on one though)...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Honestly, if the funds are there, why not? You can still keep your old board for a beater or set up a friend who wants to learn for cheap. I know nothing about the board you mentioned, but I know it will have different technology than your current.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts