Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took my first turns dragging a patrol sled down the hill and it was damn awkward. Anyone that patrols on a board got any tips on making this easier? I just made some dry runs with it empty and it kept pushing me out of position. I was fine on the steeper parts of the hill, but on the lighter slopes where I couldn't side slip it was very difficult to make edge changes. I kept wanting to lean back against the sled. I did ok if I kept just my back hand on the horn, but to pass my proficiency I have to keep both hands on the sled.

I was talking with one of the older guys after my training session, and he said I should keep my front hand on the horn and back hand further back. Of course that was after the fact. I'm using a 163 all mountain board, I was kind of wondering if a shorter park board would be a bit more nimble for this? I don't really need high speed stabilization. Would there be any advantages with a RC board? (just cause I want one lol)

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you get a chance try it out, it'll change your perspective on riding lol. Changing edges with 40lbs pushing you from behind is a pretty wild experience, should be really interesting when I start running 'em loaded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts