Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,newb here,so if this is the wrong place just kick my ass in the right direction lol
Tomarrow I would love to try some tame dogs,I have the rotation 100% on trampoline. Any last minute tips? little tricks that have helped you?
there are some great like 5ft groomed jumps,big knuckls,rollers,and i know a few 3-8 foot drop offs. what would be the best to leard on?
thanks guys!!!:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried one this season....landed on my back. Ow.

I didn't get the right "pop", and I was leaning forward to much.
Make sure you are perfectly straight when you pop.
My friends advice- lean back, pop off nose HARD, tuck and land.

Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Resident Snowman
609 Posts
* Practice nollies first, the pop will be different then on a tramp
* make sure to suck in the knees
* Practice in powder if you can

·
Registered
816 Posts
If you have the rotation on a trampoline it shouldn't be too hard, just concentrate on getting a good nollie and after the nollie it's basically a hand-less cartwheel motion.

The key is popping off that nose nice and strong, then the rest should be cake since you're doing them on a trampoline already.

As far as learning terrain, powder is best, but since I doubt you have access to powder right now, the next best thing is going to be either a knuckle or cat track towards the end of the day when there's a lot of soft spring slush to land on. Be prepared to get a little wet though :p

edit - oh and some of my whistler friends have a trick tip video which has the basic motions as well:

·
Registered
848 Posts
The biggest part is just full commitment for the trick till the end. It is the same as a back flip you don’t keep looking back the whole time you end up under rotating the flip. When starting the trick you can also roll off a lip down a steep section of the mountain. I used my shoulders and hands at first to get the trick down and now i feel ok somethings doing it off boxes that angle me high.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i tried it yesterday.....decent rotation i just didnt have a big enough jump.
and the foot plus of april pow mad all of the jumps i wanted to try it on almost imposible....all that pow made the terain park imposible.
I am going to be back up at the resort tomarrow,so i will try and lock it down while the pow is still soft! I just got my season pass,so if i dont get it this season i will have it next!
thanks so much for all the tips! i will post results and fails as soon as i get video of it:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts