Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Adidas is getting out of the snowboard boot game no? Or was that just Nike?

If you liked the TM2's I'd likely just buy those again unless you want to change something about them. The 3XD's and TM3's have a very different liner so the fit is quite different. Just something to be mindful of. If you buy online, make sure you do it from a place that has a very generous return policy so you can try at home and not have to pay 40 bucks to send back if they don't work out. The liners are very very stiff. Nothing like the TM2 liners. I actually bought a cheap set of TM2's to try to swap the liners and see if things are better that way.
Yeah I think I did read they are getting out of snowboarding.

The TM-2's were good, but I am looking for something that might last a bit longer. I estimate I had around 50-60 days on them. Hoping to get a boot that will last closer to 100 days.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Yeah I think I did read they are getting out of snowboarding.

The TM-2's were good, but I am looking for something that might last a bit longer. I estimate I had around 50-60 days on them. Hoping to get a boot that will last closer to 100 days.
You won't get 100days of hard riding on a common rideable boot. Unless you're fine with riding a soggy boot for 50days.

Basically, most boots will last whatever, but 100days is more YOU being fine with what started as a K2 Thraxis and ended like Burton Moto after 50days...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know that they won't be as good as new. I was thinking I would take the stiffeners out while new, and then put in as needed. The name 3XD is supposed to stand for 3 x as Durable, but that is after they changed it from "Mullair", so who knows.

Honestly, I am 40,l work 50 hours a week and can only ride once a week anyway, so they should last a few seasons.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Yeah, honestly for your riding I'd just get what you know up be comfy. Or I'd try the TM3s or 3xDs with the softer liners.

Its really hard to overstate how stiff the 32 liner is in their more upmarket boots.

60-80 days is pretty decent from a set of boots. If you go 10-15x a season, 4-5 years to replace your equipment isn't bad imho.

Check out the ride fuse and lasso though. Vans verse are supposed to be super freaking stuff. Likely too much for your intended use imho, but hey like you said, try them without the inserts to break them in and then put them in when the shell starts to soften

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
I know that they won't be as good as new. I was thinking I would take the stiffeners out while new, and then put in as needed. The name 3XD is supposed to stand for 3 x as Durable, but that is after they changed it from "Mullair", so who knows.

Honestly, I am 40,l work 50 hours a week and can only ride once a week anyway, so they should last a few seasons.
Yeah ThirtyTwo has really good marketing. Like... a "responsive buttery flex". What the hell does that mean? Hahah

The 3XD is exactly the Mullair minus the name. Absolutely nothing more, nothing less.

I have the Mullairs and no; they will not go 100d being "responsive". More like they're responsive for 50d -ish and then it's "buttery flex" after that. I've seen the 3XD and no tjey are not 3x more durable than... anything at that price point.

Not that it's bad. I like the flex, similar to the TM2. Love the Mullairs 👌

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I picked the 3XD's up yesterday for $285 shipped. Hopefully they work out.
Dang where did you find them for that much?

I was semi interested in them because it looks like there were a few small changes to improve heel hills relative to the TM3 but I think I just need to come to terms with the fact that they're likely just not the best shape for my foot. Ride feels much better right out of the box though never tried on snow.

I'll likely try the fuse at some point but I'm pretty tapped out for now lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Surfdome.us But they only have a few sizes left. I initially ordered 11's and they emailed me stating they were out of stock and gave me a 15% off coupon for my next order. I then read that Elite liners can be a half size smaller than the Performance liners so ordered the 10.5's and used that 15% off coupon. They show up Friday so hoping for the best, I am going to pick up some Remind or Superfeet insoles even though I have heard good things about the 32 ones.

Edit, NM I can't find the Reminds in stock anywhere.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Elite liners have no give whatsoever. I think some people actually have to size up on them a little. Hope they have a generous return policy!

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
27 Posts
They just got here. First impression is they feel stiffer than my old TM-2's. I immediately felt pressure on the top of my foot where the tongue of the liner stops, they fit good otherwise. I am not sure if this pressure will go away with a heat molding as it seems to be where a design is in the liner.

it is pushing on my foot where the red circles are.

Edit
I just reached inside and there is extra material from the tongue pointed right at the feet. It is on the end of the tongue so it stiffer material. I feel like I could take scissors and trim it off.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
They just got here. First impression is they feel stiffer than my old TM-2's. I immediately felt pressure on the top of my foot where the tongue of the liner stops, they fit good otherwise. I am not sure if this pressure will go away with a heat molding as it seems to be where a design is in the liner.

it is pushing on my foot where the red circles are.

Edit
I just reached inside and there is extra material from the tongue pointed right at the feet. It is on the end of the tongue so it stiffer material. I feel like I could take scissors and trim it off.
Yeah you will definitely want to heat mold for a proper fit. You can also try with slightly thinner footbeds or thinner socks, etc. But if there's some obvious material that looks like you should be trimming then go ahead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah you will definitely want to heat mold for a proper fit. You can also try with slightly thinner footbeds or thinner socks, etc. But if there's some obvious material that looks like you should be trimming then go ahead.
I already put some gorilla tape on the extra material inside to force it to lay flat and that helped. Once my Superfeet insoles get here tomorrow I will heat mold them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the elite liners in my 32 Focus Boas and have worn them for about 30 days. Heat moulded twice before using and I haven't noticed any change after use, very firm fit. I still need to heat mould some extra width behind my little toe as I get Mortons Neuroma on my left foot and use alone isn't going to change that.

ps. I found the Elite adjustable arch supports better than third party liners for my high arches.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can you post a pic of the 'extra material'. I can't quite picture what you're describing!
There is a picture in my above post. It's not great, I had to stick my phone down in the liner. Once I taped the flaps down it helped a ton. I am hoping with a heat mold they will stay flat, but if not I will cut them out.

I have the elite liners in my 32 Focus Boas and have worn them for about 30 days. Heat moulded twice before using and I haven't noticed any change after use, very firm fit. I still need to heat mould some extra width behind my little toe as I get Mortons Neuroma on my left foot and use alone isn't going to change that.

ps. I found the Elite adjustable arch supports better than third party liners for my high arches.
I thought my arches were medium, but I like the black XL supports the best. I ordered the blue superfeet insoles and now I am wondering if I should get the green ones instead.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
There is a picture in my above post. It's not great, I had to stick my phone down in the liner. Once I taped the flaps down it helped a ton. I am hoping with a heat mold they will stay flat, but if not I will cut them out.

I thought my arches were medium, but I like the black XL supports the best. I ordered the blue superfeet insoles and now I am wondering if I should get the green ones instead.
Yeah same with me, XL arch support is my fit.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Are you running the stock insoles then? I wonder how they compare to green Superfeet. I suppose I could take them to REI and compare them.
No, not using them. But they fit me well. I rode them one day, they're a bit more plush and raise your feet a bit higher than my Superfeet, so they cut circulation on my right foot.

I'm pretty sure after breaking in they'd be fine (my Superfeet are like 5yrs old so by now they are indented with my footprint). Also if i heat mold the liners with them, it should work out. But i rather keep using my other insoles which already work perfectly and keep that elite liner and insoles brand new.

·
Registered
206 Posts
While I'm in this thread, if anyone here is around the east coast of the US and has some shops nearby, could you call a few and see if they have 2021 TM-2's in stock in a size 7? Any color is fine, and I am cool with the BOA version price as well! I have been trying to find this pair forever, and don't want to wait a month for 32 to ship them to me if I buy directly from them.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
While I'm in this thread, if anyone here is around the east coast of the US and has some shops nearby, could you call a few and see if they have 2021 TM-2's in stock in a size 7? Any color is fine, and I am cool with the BOA version price as well! I have been trying to find this pair forever, and don't want to wait a month for 32 to ship them to me if I buy directly from them.
Their website shows they have stock in both wired and boa in size 7. Why do you think ordering directly from them would take that long?

A lot of shops don't stock upmarket boots in sizes that small. A few local places don't stock anything under 8 and even 8 gets mid tier at most.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts