Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
I don't cover my highbacks, only because union makes the best bindings to add patronizing stickers. I also wear a balaclava and a bandana, because I'd rather have people think I got burned or disfigured in some horrible accident than see one blemish on my face.
Really? I wear a mask so can murder small children as I run over them... I learned from Red Dead Redemption that if you wear a mask while your doing bad things and can find somewhere to take it off where no one can see you they will just stop looking for you. Seems odd, but it works.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I keep my high backs exposed, simply cause it's less work lol. It's already bad enough we have to strap on a binding before every run.

Also, not sure about other pants, my Burtons wrap right around your boot with a powder skirt, which doesn't leave my room to go over it anyway.

With that being said, I have symmetry OCD, so my shit has to be symmetrical lol.

I notice even when I play hockey, I still tuck my pants / socks also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The first time I read this thread and laughed at the responses, I thought, wouldn't my pants get jacked if I pulled them over my high backs? Seems like they'd get ripped up pretty quick. But it's not like I give it any thought. Usually, I'm just happy to be standing up and not crashing into something after I strap in.

So yesterday, I was tightening my right binding and see a big ass hole in my right pant leg. Damn it. This freakin' thread hexed me. By the end of the day, the seam had ripped clean down to the hem and up to the next seam. And I don't even eff around with my high back! I blame OP.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,377 Posts
Are you wearing your gloves in or over the cuffs...?
One in and one out duh
Since new guy took time to necro this thread,...

Leading hand, over the cuff, trailing hand, inside the cuff! More aerodynamic this way.

However,...

If you get switch while wearing them in this configuration,..? You run the risk of the wind catching the inside side, blowing up your jacket & shooting the other glove right off your hand. :blink:

Seen it happen!

Hand to God! :embarrased1:

>:)

·
Registered
566 Posts
I always keep them uncovered, since I need to show off my steezy duct-taped highback. Foam and plastic separated after a few days. Lame. But now that I picked up a HighBack Backpack with little kittens on it, I have to show that off. Steezy lane, here I come.

As far as gloves, undercuff all the way. I don't want any snow trickling down in from when you tuck your jacket into the gloves.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts