Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo, so like,

right now i only have 1 board. a capita indoor survival FK. it's great. now, i'm trying to get more into jibbing so i was thinking of detuning it. problem is, i'm not ALWAYS riding park, so i'm not sure how i should go about detuning this. if i do detune it, riding everywhere else will be shitty.

is there any detuning tricks that can make it so i can boardslide without catching edges but also keep the stability i need when freeriding?

or should i just wait until i get my ultrafear and detune that to use for my park board?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I've never hit a rail in my life but I'm obsessive about having sharp edges, I'd say have a dedicated park board that's detuned.

Given the abuse you lay on park boards I presume you wouldn't spend too much, and it would save your other board.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The only parts of my board I ever detune are my tip and tail, right up too and slightly past the contact points, which is where your edge will first meet the ground when weighted. Usually I'll just leave my effective edge as is because I like to have a edge for hitting jumps, but you can also bring your board to a local shop and ask them to put a bevel on your edge. a 2 deg bevel should be good for hitting rails but still be good for holding an edge on the mtn. Some park oriented boards actually already come with a bevel so it would be good to check if you're board does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I never detune my edges for park, if you ride park allot they will naturally detune! haha plus you will want to have edge stability for jumps. The one time i detuned my edges it was my designated street board and nothing else. however i do know guys that round of their edges for park but they have multiple boards. If i were you i would leave them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
it all depends on your personal preference really. i have friends that detune the middle of the board and leave the contact points sharp so they can still get an edge whilst not gripping on rails while they boardslide, but then i have other friends that do the complete opposite and detune tip/tails, leaving the middle tuned. i just detune the whole lot with a gummy stone but enough to leave enough grip for the mountain. best bet is to experiment a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts