Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Bought a new pair of Nike Kaiju's yesterday. They have heat moldable liners and I was wondering. What is better to wear them around the house for a few hours everyday, get them heat molded in-store, or just ride with them? Which technique will prove the comfortable in the end?

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I bought mine, it was suggested that I not have them heat-molded. The guy said that my foot would heat-mold them itself, and if I heat molded them, it would pack out more than I wanted. Don't know if that's true, but my heat-molded Burton's packed out too much and I got heel lift even with the J bars in...

So, I didn't heat-mold my Zoom Force 1s. They are definitely tight, but I wear them around the house sometimes. I'm just going to let riding mold them. I don't want to have to buy another pair of boots next season because they packed out too much and my tiny little ankles slip out.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
When I bought mine, it was suggested that I not have them heat-molded. The guy said that my foot would heat-mold them itself, and if I heat molded them, it would pack out more than I wanted. Don't know if that's true, but my heat-molded Burton's packed out too much and I got heel lift even with the J bars in...

So, I didn't heat-mold my Zoom Force 1s. They are definitely tight, but I wear them around the house sometimes. I'm just going to let riding mold them. I don't want to have to buy another pair of boots next season because they packed out too much and my tiny little ankles slip out.
remold them? does that work?

in my case i want them a little tighter. that's why im going to get them heat molded. If it's already snug around your whole foot i think you should just let it break in its self.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't know about re-molding... The Burton boots are a thing of the past now that I've slipped on the Nike's. Can't go back to those things now. The Nike's are too squooshy and comfty.

I don't mind that they are a little tight. My toes get a little numb and cold after a couple hours, but at least it will bring me in for a break so I don't forget to eat. :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Actually, I don;t know if i really want to now that i think of it. i've already worn them a bit and they smell bad :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
I never heat molded any of my boots. I always let it naturally mold around my feet. Works like a charm :D

I think of it this way... in the food world, slow cooking nets you great tasting food compared to the same dish fast cooked.

I don't know if that analogy works here, but I still like it :cheeky4:

I always buy boots that fit me snugly out of the box. somewhere between uncomfortable and just right. Certainly not circulation cutting. One thing is for sure, boots definitely shouldn't be super comfortable out of the box. My hails did come close though :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I never heat molded any of my boots. I always let it naturally mold around my feet. Works like a charm :D

I think of it this way... in the food world, slow cooking nets you great tasting food compared to the same dish fast cooked.

I don't know if that analogy works here, but I still like it :cheeky4:

I always buy boots that fit me snugly out of the box. somewhere between uncomfortable and just right. Certainly not circulation cutting. One thing is for sure, boots definitely shouldn't be super comfortable out of the box. My hails did come close though :D
would just wearing them make the foam expand in areas that aren;t as snug?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts