Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to have to admit to being this stupid,.. but after 3 full months without a single cigarette? I started smoking again about a week & a half ago. So, since the New Year is upon us? I figure it's now or never to renew my resolution to quit & get back on the nicotine wagon!

I thought I'd post this up here on the boards so I would have no choice but to face embarrassment as well as any and ALL abuse and humiliation I have coming for screwing up like this! I fully accept and expect folks to let me know just what an idiot and moron I am to have started up smoking again.

Also, if I have any hope of keeping the potential for abuse to a minimum,..? By publicly posting this here, It will force me to stay honest! By doing it this way, anyone who cares to can bump this thread at any time and ask me directly if I'm still smoke free. I promise here and now, I will always answer that question honestly! Regardless of whether the answer is yes or no.

Hopefully, the desire to avoid that potential for personal abuse and embarrassment will help motivate me to remain nicotine free! (…of course, any support or encouragement anyone cares to offer will be much appreciated as well!) :laugh:

Fortunately,.. the one thing I do have going for me right now is that I have not gone back to my full on, pack 'n' a half a day type smoking. I've actually only been taking a few,.. 3, 4, 5, drags per cig and butting them out. So, even tho I have been smoking? At the very least I'm not smoking anywhere near as much as I used to! I figure it's about a third of what I normally smoked before! (…a stupid, lousy rationalization I know, but it's the only one I've got at the moment!) LoL!

I am hopeful this will inspire the motivation and resolve I need to get this done once and for all! I really don't want to let that nicotine addiction drag me back down! Unfortunately, if I've learned anything this last week or so? It's that, for whatever reason, will power alone is proving to be a little weak right now!

So, to that end, I am willing to publicly admit my failure and insure I will have to face the consequences of possible public humiliation, not to mention quietly swallowing a SHITTON of crap from guys who are expert at shoveling it,.. ;) Should my willpower and desire to remain smoke free prove to be insufficient on it's own to get the job done!

So bring it on folks! Here's your chance to let me have it with both barrels if you are so inclined!! And I can't (…and won't) object or complain about any of it! :eyetwitch: :facepalm1: ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
You fuckin' sorry ass, poor excuse for a human being. People like you make me wonder about the future of humanity. Your probably puffin' away right now. You owe it to us to grab the nearest, sharpest object and disembowel yourself. Only then will your honor be restored. :dance:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sucks, Chomps.... just shows how addicting they make their products.
Naw,..! I said I was gonna b honest about this. After 3 months,.. I was well past any physical craving for nicotine. This was right after that second kidney stone surgery. I was depressed over yet another physical setback, and when the mental, habit only craving hit me one night,.. I just said "Fuck It!" and lit up a smoke! :facepalm1:

That's what is so incredibly stupid about this whole relapse! I had already beat the physical need for nicotine! :gaah: Now I have to do it all over again! :facepalm1:

You fuckin' sorry ass, poor excuse for a human being. People like you make me wonder about the future of humanity. Your probably puffin' away right now. You owe it to us to grab the nearest, sharpest object and disembowel yourself. Only then will your honor be restored. :dance:
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!! ;) Thank you sir,.. may I have another! :eyetwitch: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Every time you think about a smoke, grab your wiener. Gives your hands something to do and takes your mind off the cigs. If you close your eyes, you probably can't tell the difference between a cig and said wiener.:hairy:

·
Registered
165 Posts
My method was consequences. If I lit up, there was a predetermined consequence. A no bullshit consequence that I hated. For me personally, it was running a mile (treadmill or eliptical) IMMEDIATELY after smoking. After you run while hacking that shit back up and hate running as much as I do (I still do different types of cardio, but running just eats shit IMHO), you will be less and less tempted. If a mile gets easy, you bump it to 2, etc etc. I also added in pushups and situps in between. It really sucked to smoke and it really made me weigh the desire vs immediate repercussion. GL Chomps

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Every time you think about a smoke, grab your wiener. Gives your hands something to do and takes your mind off the cigs. If you close your eyes, you probably can't tell the difference between a cig and said wiener.:hairy:
Well, smoking is mostly about oral fixation you know...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Naw,..! I said I was gonna b honest about this. After 3 months,.. I was well past any physical craving for nicotine. .... and when the mental, habit only craving hit me one night,.. I just said "Fuck It!" and lit up a smoke!
I'm sending + vibes your way. I was smoking anywhere from a half pack to a pack and a half a day from 2004-2011. I had made the choice to quit several times with no real success. The fact was that I liked smoking more than I actually wanted to stop. In my favor I was pursing a girl that couldn't stand it and by simply making the effort to hide my habit, I had drastically reduced the amount I smoked each day. Then some time dec/2011 I caught a nasty cold ( one of those chest colds that makes you think the smoking has caught up) and stopped smoking for about 2 weeks just to get better. When i realized I had made it 2 weeks I made the final push to make this forever. It was the moment that I said I was done when the real cravings hit hard. I ended up beating the physical need around the same time frame as yourself, but the mental push is always there. At this point years have gone by and I couldn't even imagine going to buy a pack, so you will get there. Over the last three years I've maybe had 5-10 cigarettes where I said to myself its been a long time and one or two won't hurt (this happens usually during a vegas trip/bachelor party/etc) but otherwise smooth sailing.

This was my experience quitting. It was by no means an easy task, but if you committed to make the change it is 100% doable.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I was depressed over yet another physical setback, and when the mental, habit only craving hit me one night,.. I just said "Fuck It!" and lit up a smoke! :facepalm1:
So you put your coat on, walked out to the cold car, got in drove to the store, got out of the car, went in laid out what $8 for a pack of smokes. Walked back to your car and fired up :finger1:

If this scenario is not true, senario #2 you still had some smokes in the house :shrug: why !!!! You passed all the hard parts and broke on the run to home plate....

My rant is now over and if need be send my your # I'll send you random texts making sure your not smoking. In case SBF isn't enough, a text may be that extra
you might need to shake this beast

·
Registered
229 Posts
I use one of these and have cut back significantly, they do work iTaste MVP Personal Vaporizer - EcigAvenue.com

I know it's cheating but I've tried the gum, cold turkey etc. and at this point I'll just bum a smoke here and there if I'm drinking. I've even cut back on the nicotine percentage a bit and I'm close to done....

It's worth a shot. Don't kick your own ass, just press on

·
Registered
907 Posts
You disgust me Chomps!! no will power at all:facepalm1: okay just kidding, but at least you were able to hold off that long. All i can say is that i hope you can find a way to not smoke again but if not, everytime you do smoke, have someone TAZE you:jumping1: that could help you to stop. BTW, Happy New Year!:happy:

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Oh man, i feel for you, i also am a smoker...!

Every year i do my best to quit, and even managed to quit for a complete season a couple of years ago, but the closing of my slope, led me to get stressed and start again...!

I am currently down to 10 a day, and only have half a packet left, so i will also be joining you in your fight to quit... AGAIN... ;)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Took me a full year to quit smoking. It went from smoking a pack a day, to only smoke 10 a day. Then went to smoking only when Im drinking coffee and alcohol. Then completely quit, all within a year from back and forth. Stay strong and remember you are killing yourself with each puff. Oh stop hanging with people who smoke because that triggers the urge.

Quitting was one of the best things I have done in my life. Seriously!

·
Registered
85 Posts
My dad used to smoke, but he quit a few years back. As someone mentioned earlier try the running a mile thing if you cave and smoke, and get yourself an e-cig. Not only is smoking terrible for yourself, everyone can smell it on you and it's a huge money hole.

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Well, smoking is mostly about oral fixation you know...
Wtf man. All that time and effort wasted by throwing the cancer sticks back in your mouth? Don't be so damn weak!

Think of the cigarette as a dick you're about to suck. :gaah:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
....Don't be so damn weak!

Think of the cigarette as a dick you're about to suck. :gaah:
You know sumpin,..? :blink: That might actually work!! :puke: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i'll take some blame for this. i put those thoughts in your head about smoking in dreams a little while ago lol. seriously though, don't sweat it. i've gone 3 YEARS without smoking and fell back into the habit.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I click my tongue loudly at you. But seriously, it sucks you fell off the wagon, but you better get back on!! I won't stop clicking my tongue loudly at you until you stop smoking!

1 - 20 of 164 Posts