Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

5121 - 5140 of 5188 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Skiers in lift lines who keep nicking my board with their rental skis that they don't GAF about or what they hit with it. The line isn't going to move faster if you try to get on top of me...

And finally the idiot on the lift chair today who was on the far left and jumped off and immediately skied right, skied straight over my board and knocked over my 4 year old.

Rant over for today... I need a beer

·
Registered
194 Posts
Skiers who rush to pull the bar down on top of my head whilst I'm yet to get properly on the chair and then look at me as if I am the inconsiderate idiot for getting my head in the way. Don't know why, but it has happened in 4 different countries and every time they were French skiers. In fact, my only issues have been with skiers now that I think about it, running over my board, taking up the entire runs with their shitty big S turns and a general feeling of entitlement. Pretty sure they would say the exact opposite though :)

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
Skiers who rush to pull the bar down on top of my head whilst I'm yet to get properly on the chair and then look at me as if I am the inconsiderate idiot for getting my head in the way. Don't know why, but it has happened in 4 different countries and every time they were French skiers. In fact, my only issues have been with skiers now that I think about it, running over my board, taking up the entire runs with their shitty big S turns and a general feeling of entitlement. Pretty sure they would say the exact opposite though :)
Skiers get pissed off that snowboarders plunk their asses right across the top of a run to strap in, with little room to get by. Then skiers all stop side by side at the narrowest part of a run so they can discuss things.

I've seen that more than once.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,203 Posts
Skiers get pissed off that snowboarders plunk their asses right across the top of a run to strap in, with little room to get by. Then skiers all stop side by side at the narrowest part of a run so they can discuss things.

I've seen that more than once.

TBH,... boarders sitting @ the drop in kinda pisses me off too. Im a lard ass old fart with a heart condition & I can still manage to strap in standing up.

:WTF: :facepalm3:

;) >:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,203 Posts
....but yeah!!!

All that shit skiers do pisses me off too!

:lol:

·
The Swiss Miss
7,120 Posts
Urgh... all this hate on skiers.. is it 1995 again? Lol

Skiers are awesome! They have poles and hard boots! Embrace them and use them for what they are great for: namely to beat tracks in crusty slippery windblown ridges so you have a less sketchy bootpack trail to sweet peaks with pow. Or let them do a trail on flat runouts first, so you won't have to crawl out that flat section in knee deep. And if you still don't make it over the flat, they hand over a pole or even pull you out. I love skiers! They are super useful in pow!

·
Registered
562 Posts
TBH,... boarders sitting @ the drop in kinda pisses me off too. Im a lard ass old fart with a heart condition & I can still manage to strap in standing up.
I'm with you, just experienced it at the might Schuss Mountain last weekend. And I'm old AF and strap in standing up, too, which is really helpful when it's really cold (don't want to sit on the snow). The other one is a family of first time skiers standing still in the middle of a run to watch little Johnny make a turn. Or the dumb kid who comes to a complete stop on the bridge that takes you back to the Cedar River Lodge... that one is Schuss specific.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,203 Posts
I Hate that I just watched Super Troopers 2!! :blink:

I hate it even more that I laughed!!! :laugh:

:hairy:

-edit-
I'm soarey,... eh? ;)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Skiers in lift lines who keep nicking my board with their rental skis that they don't GAF about or what they hit with it. The line isn't going to move faster if you try to get on top of me...

And finally the idiot on the lift chair today who was on the far left and jumped off and immediately skied right, skied straight over my board and knocked over my 4 year old.

Rant over for today... I need a beer
Saw a bumper sticker in da lot.........says.........."Get your fucking rental skis.....off my snowboard!".......I literally lol..........

·
Registered
79 Posts
Saw a bumper sticker in da lot.........says.........."Get your fucking rental skis.....off my snowboard!".......I literally lol..........
:laughat2: I think I need that sticker... I might have to black out the fuck so the kids won't be saying it everytime they see the sticker.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Over 100” of snow in the last three days at Mammoth. We decided to stay in the RV park last night for a shower and hot tub and the plow guy hasn’t come. It is thigh deep in the parking lot so we aren’t going anywhere and the town shuttle isn’t running. The only consolation is that barely any of the mountain is open so we aren’t missing too much.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,120 Posts
Over 100” of snow in the last three days at Mammoth. We decided to stay in the RV park last night for a shower and hot tub and the plow guy hasn’t come. It is thigh deep in the parking lot so we aren’t going anywhere and the town shuttle isn’t running. The only consolation is that barely any of the mountain is open so we aren’t missing too much.
Wait... did you just complain about too much snow...?
:laugh:

·
The Swiss Miss
7,120 Posts
Tomorrow I should be able to post on the “Today I Love” thread!
I feel you, tho. We had knee to thigh deep fresh last week, and it was the best day of the season. Fast cold light snow... simply fantastic.

So... this week, getting an even bigger dump, thigh to hip deep now, I expected the equally bigger fun, lol, but eeeeeeh, no. It was submarine and straight line on back foot alert at low pitch. Too much snow, too cold... boards breaking like on velcro even tho we had cold wax. Alas, we won't complain. It all adds up to a great base for spring :)

Have fun tomorrow! Don't forget the pictures :)

·
-Weekend Warrior-
3,509 Posts

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Just how in the fuck did I become the voice of reason for the snowboarders of the Internet? What the fuck people! This is in regards to vloggers showing people how to access the bc without any avy gear or knowledge. I'm the laziest snowboarder on earth, earn my turns? Fuck that I can ride a floating chairlift to the top.

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
Just how in the fuck did I become the voice of reason for the snowboarders of the Internet? What the fuck people! This is in regards to vloggers showing people how to access the bc without any avy gear or knowledge. I'm the laziest snowboarder on earth, earn my turns? Fuck that I can ride a floating chairlift to the top.
Darwinism, sadly, is a thing.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Finally getting a bunch of snow here, and tomorrow they're closing the hill because it's going to be -30.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5121 - 5140 of 5188 Posts