Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

5141 - 5160 of 5188 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thieves. I was sitting in the shuttle at Mt Ellen side of sugarbush VT and some random guy comes running up to me. He saw my XV in the distance and thought I was the one who stole his board. I had different bindings and different size than his. But the dejected look on his face bummed me out so much. Can’t imagine having my daily driver ripped. And I never thought it would have happened at such a low key place. Assholes are everywhere.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thieves. Assholes are everywhere.
Absolutely. Sorry for that guy.

I had a good one few weeks back. My son is 9, and mostly skis. We were filming a bit with the Gopro on his helmet. Get off the lift and he skis down below the lift shack while I strap in above. There's some skiers in between us, as normal, no big deal, and I ride down to him once I'm in. He tells me some HS age kid asked him if his Gopro was dead, and if my son wanted him to charge it for him. I was kinda WTF for a second, until it dawned on me: had my kid fell for it he would have bolted with our Gopro. I was fucking furious. Part of me feels I failed by not seeing it happen, part of me feels it was probably for the best I didn't.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Today I hate shitty bike mechanics. Bozo ordered and built up a shimano wheel for my Campy bike. I don’t know if this is offensive to anyone here lol
I get it. I am a former (low level) road & MTB racer, but never could afford Campy. I just took my old Dura Ace equipped road bike in for the shop I used to race for and the only compatible shifters to replace the worn-out Dura Ace are Shimano 105 (since it's 10 speed). I don't race anymore so have to pay full retail. the cost to upgrade is about 1/3 of what a new bike would cost (granted, it's a low level bike but functionally probably better than my 16 year old racing bike).

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Today I hate shitty bike mechanics. Bozo ordered and built up a shimano wheel for my Campy bike. I don’t know if this is offensive to anyone here lol
I mean yeah, but unless you're in Europe, fuck Campy. Jerks think their shit is so much better thai it warrants standards of their own and special tools for literally everything.

Gorgeous though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Today I hate tacky anti-snow sayings!

Even when it's not winter, snow-haters can find a way to diss snow. As a conversation with someone about rainy weather in our area was winding down, the other person said, "Well, at least it's not snow!!" I hate it when people say that...it made it hard for me to go out and enjoy this cloudy but otherwise rain-free, post-snowboard-season spring day.

"Well, at least it's not snow!' is one of my most HATED anti- snow digs.
Here are a couple of more:
In summer: "Well at least you don't have to shovel heat !!"
and in winter as a storm looms: "Say it ain't snow !!"

I'm sure many of you had heard these and many more cornball anti-snow rants from neighbors, TV weather casts, etc. It's annoying to hear these again and again, winter after winter, season after season, year after year. I just wish these people would SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blahblah:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,203 Posts
Even when it's not winter, snow-haters can find a way to diss snow. As a conversation with someone about rainy weather in our area was winding down, the other person said, "Well, at least it's not snow!!" I hate it when people say that...it made it hard for me to go out and enjoy this cloudy but otherwise rain-free, post-snowboard-season spring day.

I'm sure many of you had heard these and many more cornball anti-snow rants from neighbors, TV weather casts, etc. It's annoying to hear these again and again, winter after winter, season after season, year after year. I just wish these people would SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blahblah:
Living in the snowbelt, Im amazed at the number of ppl who bitch about the cold & snow.

I usually tell them that nobody's forcing them to stay in MI. Lots of places they could live where they'd never have to deal with snow. Go live there and enjoy "not" shoveling heat!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

They are just miserable people who have never tried enjoying winter.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts

You know what's worse than those miserable fucks. And yes those fucks are miserable. People that move to ski towns and bitch about the snow. YOU LITERALLY MOVED TO A PLACE THAT HAS SNOWED ON THE 4TH OF JULY! Why are you complaining?

It's even worse when they specifically moved here because they wanted to ride 100 days a year and enjoy all the snow, then suddenly ride less than 25 days a year and just bitch about it none stop.

The only frigging time I ever bitch about snowfall is when it's the preseason and I know it's going to make the snow pack fucking unstable. That is literally the only time I will ever bitch about snow. We have 5 days of it coming up next week, know what I'm doing? Riding fucking powder boards while these lame ass fucks are sitting in their houses watching the bachelor or some other piece of trash tv complaining about how they didn't ride enough and that they hate snow. FUCK THOSE PEOPLE!

SERIOUSLY!!!!

In other news things I hate, not having a staff to do all the tedious bullshit work I do to keep angrysnowboarder running. Filming shit for the Explained series then filming board reviews. This is literally all I do anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Current view from my window.

Banff is actually much, much busier in the summer than winter. Hearing all the seasonal summer workers who are starting to arrive bitch about the snow is music to my ears, means I know they won't be crowding up the slopes on these late season pow days. We've had better snow in April/May than we did in Feb and March, go figure.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,120 Posts
Current view from my window.

Banff is actually much, much busier in the summer than winter. Hearing all the seasonal summer workers who are starting to arrive bitch about the snow is music to my ears, means I know they won't be crowding up the slopes on these late season pow days. We've had better snow in April/May than we did in Feb and March, go figure.
Lol, same here. Woke up to this (in the lowlands, that is! Mountains got pounded all week)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
resorts that end the season with plenty of Snow!!!

Drove past Wolf Creek today and so much snow, they could easily be open.... Hiked one run out of principle and not even that slushy....So many places closed up when the snow is still coming :facepalm3: errrr!

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,203 Posts
I REALLY F'ing hate summer colds!!! (...this one has me so sick, I'm missing my uncles funeral.) :mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I REALLY F'ing hate summer colds!!! (...this one has me so sick, I'm missing my uncles funeral.) :mad:
Ouch, that's pretty rough.

I'll play - today I hate Lumbar Disc Herniation. It's revisiting me, and has me partially bed-ridden this week, having to do my "scorpions" throughout the day.

Oh, also, arrogant, stuffy "professional" everymen [not to shame anyone HERE who's working hard for their family, but in Australia the drill is: mid 30's to 40's, in some sort of TIME BURNING, soul-sucking profession, padded LinkedIn profile, stretching to drive that rapidly depreciating leased European SUV, likes to tell people about how their shoes are hand-cut and cost $1500, which they bought on credit], who engage in debate about moot points, like they're some sort of new-age Johnnie Cochran:
- "We've been back-and-forthing this point for a while, not going anywhere, because there is absolutely NO room for movement at our end - are you a lawyer or something?"
- "Funny you should ask, haha. No, but I DO have a physiotherapy degree"

What the fuck?

5141 - 5160 of 5188 Posts