Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

5161 - 5180 of 5188 Posts

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
What's wrong with European SUVs?

Today I hate shipping internationally with the USPS. Evidently they don't understand pre-paid packages. That seems to confuse them, like someone would rather pay online than deal with them in person. Also the Breckenridge Post Office is the worst, the literal worst.

Also fuck editing 127 snowboard review videos. YES! YOU READ THAT RIGHT 127 snowboard review videos. 2020 is going to be good to all you snowboarders of the Internet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What's wrong with European SUVs?

Today I hate shipping internationally with the USPS. Evidently they don't understand pre-paid packages. That seems to confuse them, like someone would rather pay online than deal with them in person. Also the Breckenridge Post Office is the worst, the literal worst.

Also fuck editing 127 snowboard review videos. YES! YOU READ THAT RIGHT 127 snowboard review videos. 2020 is going to be good to all you snowboarders of the Internet.
European SUVs themselves aren't bad, it's the hoards of $30k Millionaires here, stretched to the absolute limit to avoid defaulting on their repayments, who strop around like they're king shit.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that smugness these days is a measure of how much debt one is in, rather than how "baller" one actually is.

As for video editing, what about a "One Take" format like TheSmokingTire used to do [before he started going big, reviewing yachts and "timepieces" (watches)] - yes there's a bit of candid side commentary here and there, but the lack of editing, cutting between scenes etc didn't take away from the viewing experience at all.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Got you. I drive a European SUV, but I also paid cash for it and somehow conned the dealership to drop it to below what they paid for it so I'm rolling in smugness these days as I drive past all the peasants with their Subarus.

I have no idea who the Smoking Tire is, but I have a definitive vision of what I'm doing. Plus about 500gbs of footage already filmed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Got you. I drive a European SUV, but I also paid cash for it and somehow conned the dealership to drop it to below what they paid for it so I'm rolling in smugness these days as I drive past all the peasants with their Subarus.

I have no idea who the Smoking Tire is, but I have a definitive vision of what I'm doing. Plus about 500gbs of footage already filmed.
Nice job on the car. As for editing etc, I saw the UltraCraft review the other day - Ultradude needs to appear in more vids for sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I must be "sub peasant" driving a Toyota Tercel. Manual windows, manual locks, no radio.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
I must be "sub peasant" driving a Toyota Tercel. Manual windows, manual locks, no radio.
To quote Jeremy Clarkson you are "Scum class".

To add to the bitch-fest I hate people that decide they want to start reviewing snowboard products and fucking have no concept of what a snowboard review should be like or provide anything other than the regurgitation of the manufacturers description. Had an ad run on one of my videos on the ole YouTubes and it was promoting a new channel that was snowboarding based, so went and looked at it typical vlog bullshit with a little higher production value and what not. But then I see a review for the 157.5 T. Rice Blunt board and this guy is fucking spewing the stupidest shit about it while it still has the god damn sales sticker on the base. He's talking it up like it's the 161.5 which rides different than the 57.5 and then after stumbling over his words claims it's traditional camber when it's obviously c2. Dude seriously took a page from the James Biesty school of product reviewing. Oh and the kicker admits he hasn't ridden it yet. WHAT THE FLYING FUCK! Nearly gave me an stroke.

·
Registered
182 Posts
To quote Jeremy Clarkson you are "Scum class".

To add to the bitch-fest I hate people that decide they want to start reviewing snowboard products and fucking have no concept of what a snowboard review should be like or provide anything other than the regurgitation of the manufacturers description. Had an ad run on one of my videos on the ole YouTubes and it was promoting a new channel that was snowboarding based, so went and looked at it typical vlog bullshit with a little higher production value and what not. But then I see a review for the 157.5 T. Rice Blunt board and this guy is fucking spewing the stupidest shit about it while it still has the god damn sales sticker on the base. He's talking it up like it's the 161.5 which rides different than the 57.5 and then after stumbling over his words claims it's traditional camber when it's obviously c2. Dude seriously took a page from the James Biesty school of product reviewing. Oh and the kicker admits he hasn't ridden it yet. WHAT THE FLYING FUCK! Nearly gave me an stroke.
It's 2019 - transparent, wholesome naming and shaming is back! Who was it? I wanna see this "review" now.

PS Leeroy - manual windows, manual feeling steering and manual gear changes are never a bad thing :)

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Today I hate that all my "friends" who snowboard and ski have no appetite for discovering new places, but rather seem to prioritise after-ski over good riding.

·
Registered
53 Posts
[/quote]
And Russians. A whole lotta Russians.
[/QUOTE]
Just try to avoid intervals between December 29th and January 7th, and January 13th. Those are public holidays according to the old calendar they still keep. All Europe is infested during those days by Russians, Ukrainians.

On topic. I hate the kid sky train. Maybe you now what I mean. Don't get me wrong. The kids have no fault but the fucking ski instructors leading them just don't give a damn about other riders. They make the kids stop in the middle of a slope. Or worse in the middle of a ski road and there's no way to pass them. The biggest idiot I've seen stopped with about 10-15 kids at a junction between a blue and a red run in a very bad spot. All the people coming down on the red run had very little time to stop or avoid the kids even at slow speed. Imagine a 6'7" and 240 lbs guy like me crashing in to a group of 4-5 year old children...... bowling anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
The biggest idiot I've seen stopped with about 10-15 kids at a junction between a blue and a red run in a very bad spot. All the people coming down on the red run had very little time to stop or avoid the kids even at slow speed. Imagine a 6'7" and 240 lbs guy like me crashing in to a group of 4-5 year old children...... bowling anyone?
Just make sure you get it on video.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The biggest idiot I've seen stopped with about 10-15 kids at a junction between a blue and a red run in a very bad spot. All the people coming down on the red run had very little time to stop or avoid the kids even at slow speed. Imagine a 6'7" and 240 lbs guy like me crashing in to a group of 4-5 year old children...... bowling anyone?
Just make sure you get it on video.
I will, although the ski school in that area is owned by the same company that owns the lifts and maintains the slopes. I'm sure it will happen again.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I hate people.......who bitch...............about the cold...................😘
The cold doesn't bother me, the hour commute each way for them to not open the skifield because of the cold on the other hand...Lost a days riding dammit 😭

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,203 Posts
It's fucking -30C here so -22F and no relief in sight until Sunday. Sucks donkey ass.
I hate people.......who bitch...............about the cold...................😘
Yup! trade ya any time. Every time we get a day cold enough to make snow it's followed by pissing rain and a week of 40°-50°F weather. Worst season Ive ever seen.

5161 - 5180 of 5188 Posts