Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm in high school. Wen I was in middle school, I was hit by a car in Houston, Texas while running in cross country practice a my middle school. Here is a link:

HISD track coach, two students hurt in auto-pedestrian in Montrose area | abc13.com

Anyway, that was a long time ago. Now, after a very long time, I am approaching my 18th birthday, in which I will receive the full payment from the driver of the car. With tax deducted, and all expenses paid, 82,029 dollars will be deposited to my bank account. The sum however even so large, is nothing compared to the other runners payment: 200000 dollars (about). I will probably use the money for some sort of college payment, but also, I will get a sweet snowboarding setup.

Lesson: get hit by a car, get money.

Sub lesson: oh yes, don't die.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,440 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm in high school. Wen I was in middle school, I was hit by a car in Houston, Texas while running in cross country practice a my middle school.

Now this explains a lot...
:laugh:

(sorry)

:D

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
I'm not sure which is more painful, getting hit by a car to get money, or working for a living.
Tough call...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm in high school. Wen I was in middle school, I was hit by a car in Houston, Texas while running in cross country practice a my middle school. Here is a link:

HISD track coach, two students hurt in auto-pedestrian in Montrose area | abc13.com

Anyway, that was a long time ago. Now, after a very long time, I am approaching my 18th birthday, in which I will receive the full payment from the driver of the car. With tax deducted, and all expenses paid, 82,029 dollars will be deposited to my bank account. The sum however even so large, is nothing compared to the other runners payment: 200000 dollars (about). I will probably use the money for some sort of college payment, but also, I will get a sweet snowboarding setup.

Lesson: get hit by a car, get money.

Sub lesson: oh yes, don't die.
And just yesterday you were attending the university of Toronto while living in Vancouver

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hold up, I dislocate both my hips in a bus accident due to poor safety measures and I don't get a dime, but you get hit by a car and get paid? I'm calling my lawyer, time to sue someone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
lol two people I know from High School had very similar circumstances.

The guy: hit by a car got 80k.. became a heavy coke head and blew it all in less than a year and a half.

The girl: tripped over a sidewalk and sued the city, got ~80k too i think,, she just bought pink cars and pink rims until her $$ ran out, then tried to live life sucking from the teet of illegal contraband smugglers. she actually ended up giving birth in a prison cell.. lmao..

I'm going to say that you end up like #2 :giggle:

Seriously though be careful with it, that 80k do you a lot of good or it could destroy you lol..

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Noo

And just yesterday you were attending the university of Toronto while living in Vancouver
I don't know if you can read or not, I plan on attending the u of Toronto. With ma girlfriend.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts