Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
❄ ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 Review.

❄ Brand:
ToKo®,
❄ Model: Board Grip 2.0,
❄ Material: Full metal chassis/parts, nylon and rubber,
❄ Size: Width range 8" to 10" (200 to 260mm), Height 6.25" (160mm) above bench top,
❄ Colour: "Yellow/black" ,
❄ Price: $Au151.65, ($US109.95) RRP,
❄ Manufactured: Made in Italy.

Gesture Font Symbol Sleeve Electric blue

The ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 have a reasonably expensive RRP but they're probably the best transportable snowboard vices presently available on the retail market. So I'll just run through a quick review on the spec's and features of this great piece of Snowboard tuning equipment.

Snow Sports equipment Slope Snowboarding Helmet

About 15 years ago I started doing my own snowboard tune/repairs/waxing and began acquiring all the tools to make this job easy. Now the big problem we have down here in Australia is that we're a tiny market on the Snowboard/skiing World stage and consequently there's not much domestic purchasing availability for tuning gear. As a result, practically everything (especially quality Brands ie Swix, ToKo®, Wintersteiger etc) have to be purchased overseas and imported in. There are ways to minimise this but in the end, setting up a Ski/Snowboard tuning workshop is not a cheap exercise really anywhere, especially in Australia. Decades ago just out of school I started working as a fibreglasser in the surfboard industry and picked up some trade skills that I have been able to transfer into snowboard and ski repairs. As I started building up my workshop and skill set I started doing a few repairs/waxes for others to help assist my setup cost. Over the years this has grown to now having around 60 regular customers bringing multiple boards/skis that keeps me sadly flat out on my rest days off work.

Table Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Computer desk Automotive design

I built a purpose work station in a room at our house where I do all my waxing. Here I've found you can't beat having fixed metal stands that are really robust being screwed into the work bench top. You could use the ToKo® Board Grips 2.0 here but a solid station is the best way to go. I built the iron stand out of metal rod which works really well.

Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Guitar Musical instrument accessory

Let's have a closer look at the specifications of the ToKo® Board Grip 2.0. It comes with 2 complete metal work station towers that have a stand height of 6.25" (160mm) tall from benchtop to top of pads. Each support stand is adjustable in width ranging from a minimum 8" to maximum 10" (200 to 260mm) which is ample enough to do narrower kids/women's to wider men's profiles.

Guitar accessory Font Wood Metal Electric blue

The ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 is held in position by an adjustable vice screw which bites down on the mounted clamping surface. It has a maximum attachment thickness range to the workbench/table of up to a 2.25"/60mm. Both the clamp end points are protected with rubber protection pads to prevent damage to the table top and the Board Grip 2.0 vice frame. When fitted in position the metal chassis and clamping mechansim on the ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 are super sturdy and have no problem in handling any of the typical forces you'd apply whilst waxing/scrapin/edging snowboards.

Yellow Line Measuring instrument Gas Cable

The ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 supports are topped with super-sticky rubber pads which create friction and holds the board in place when waxing or scraping. These pads do not mark or damage the top sheet or base of the snowboard.

Daytime Sky Bicycle saddle Plant Tree

Each support stand on the ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 also has an adjustable-width center slot which firmly clamps a board vertically on edge for side filing, beveling or deburring.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Yellow Bicycle part Monoplane

When clamped vertically in the ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 the topsheet of your snowboard is protected from damage with rubber pads on either side of the mounted face.

Yellow Asphalt Grass Plant Gas

I find that the main tasks I use the ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 snowboard vice for is doing edge tuning and wax scraping outdoors. This prevents me from having to worry about wax scraping cleanup on the workshop bench and floor. I also use water as a lubricant when repairing edges and running down through the Diamond stones so can work out on the concrete for this purpose. I've found that the ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 are a super solid and very professionally made product. I own 2 sets and they have never had one issue or fault during the times I've been using them. The ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 are really not designed for use with skis as the gap in middle creates a fall off point. I have 2 x sets of ToKo® Ski Vice Race which have a third fixation stand in the middle to clamp and lock the Ski in position.

Sports equipment Snow Slope Outdoor recreation Window

The ToKo® Board Grip 2.0 are a fantastic set of snowboard tuning vices that can really do it all. They're professionally built having a super strong total metal chassis and componentry that should last a lifetime and never let you down with your snowboard waxing/repairs.

A well deserved 5 stars. ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the review! Been meaning to buy some. Where's the best deal in town?!

How does it connect to the board laying flat?
The best place to buy this in Oz would be Amazon Au with free prime delivery. It comes from overseas. The rubber grips on Toko board grip holds really solid onto the board. You just have to watch nose or tail position to the stands when applying pressure whilst scraping.

·
Premium Member
Endeavor BOD, Fix Magnum, Burton Driver X
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts