Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not too much overhang - if you want to be safe, take picture looking straight at the base.

Also, looks like you could move the bindings a little towards the heel edge.
Thanks for the quick reply

Also what do you recommend for the angles of the binding?

·
Registered
545 Posts
looks good but maybe extend the toes of the footbed a notch. kinda looks like you have toe overhang on the bindings itself but not the board

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
Heel looks ok, but it sort of looks like you don't have the boot centered. More overhang on toe side than heel. Hard to tell from those pics. If so, even them out as close as you can. You want same or as near as possible amount of overhang heel and toe.

edit: Also want to make sure boot is strapped in as you would ride it and heel is sucked all the way back in heel cup before deciding if there's too much toe over! (...any lean in boot or highback could make it appear too far forward in binding!)

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
$900 for boots and bindings...

...and he wants a recommendation on binding angles...

Start at 15/-15 and work your way from there. Pay attention to where you feel pressure in your boot when you are strapped in. To the outside of the boot, increase the angle. To the inside, decrease the angle. You will feel it. You lose leverage at angels over 21 degrees, so don't exceed that.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply

Also what do you recommend for the angles of the binding?
I recommend starting with 15/-12. I've ridden between 18/-15 to 12/-9 which I'm at now. There are trade offs as you increase your angles. Too duck and you start to lose edge precision, to straight and you reduce your ability to open up. It's really personal preference. Pick something and commit to riding it for a long time. It takes some time to get used to new angles, and you really don't know which is best for you until you give yourself sufficient time to trully adapt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts