Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Veteran Member
11,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3-20-2010

It was time for one more trip into the breach. Probably the last trip to this spot as it's a bit lower in elevation and warm spring temps won't help to keep it soft. Big snowfall could change that attitude but it's chuting season now, I'll probably spend my time trying to bag the big lines these days.

The snow is probably at it's max depth for the season back here. I'd say it should be about 4 feet deeper, but it's a hell of a lot deeper than it was about a month prior. Steve checking it out.

John and Ed in the pit of their own making.

Snow was certainly stable, though there is still that persistant hoar layer at the bottom. Why do you have to be such a hoar?
John getting some bush...

and great pow.

Ed

Almost losing it...

cont...

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Awesome pics...Where's that spot?

·
Veteran Member
11,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vail Pass duh! :laugh:

It's the ridge above the Black Lakes. Which is a big ridge, but that is about as specific as I can get about the spot. Around a two mile skin in to get there. Just a couple hundred vertical gained before your first drop.
Awesome pics...Where's that spot?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Wicked shots of a sweet looking region as always kill, love your vail pass TR's and can't wait to read/see your up coming chuting adventures... hint hint

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Expect nothing less from Steve haha

Good stuff, wish I could go. I couldn't go up at all this weekend $$

·
Veteran Member
11,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully going chuting tomorrow. Tried to do it Saturday but it was absolutely nuking with lots of wind. Anything above tree line was miserable and looked to be blown out anyway. Tomorrow has sunshine and warm temps in the forecast, so hopefully we can get a few done before the wet slides set in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts