Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes im a newb on the site but have been waxing my own boards for years. board is a ETC..has 3 mountain days on it. got it a week ago. this is my first tbt and i did use the search feature but nothing really narrowed downt he question i have.
The area of the nose/tail where the flat part meets the angled area that thin "ridge" after waxing feels rough, frizzly was another term i heard thrown around how did you guys get around this? and what is the best way to go about waxing this thing for the future? i decided to not scrape that area very hard or at all really because i didnt wanna jack up my base..even though i am using a plastic scraper..feels rough to the touch and when i first thought it was built up wax and pressed a bit on the scraper it sounded like scraping an edge if you will and black dust (which im assuming is my base lol) came up. this is where i decided to stop and ask. never had that happen before. i hope i didnt melt it, i never did that before either.
(btw i used dakine all temp, dakine iron on medium setting and plastic scraper)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I suggest block sanding it to even it out. When I wax I always block sand mine with 150 grit paper to help even out any scrapes or fuzzy base. I do this after I sharpen and before I clean it with rubbing alcohol.
Sometimes I use 100 grit and then follow up with 200 grit paper.

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Triple is right..

The design of TBT has these tip and tail sections in contant contact. That means your wax will wear there first. In those areas, Scrape lightly, Cork hard.

One you get used to the minor prep difference it takes the same amount of time to wax TBT.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I just treat each angle as a separate base...meaning I scrape the flat parts and the angles take care of themselves. Yeah, the angles coincidentally get a little more scraped and might look dry (they really aren't), but it doesn't affect the ride...just not a big deal.

Are you sure that didn't happen while riding? Yours doesn't look that fuzzy, but any fuzz might have something to do with the extruded base material on the ET...something that isn't happening on my sintered TBT.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I suggest block sanding it to even it out. When I wax I always block sand mine with 150 grit paper to help even out any scrapes or fuzzy base. I do this after I sharpen and before I clean it with rubbing alcohol.
Sometimes I use 100 grit and then follow up with 200 grit paper.
Wow, everything you said is wrong.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Maybe I should find out what TBT is before I responded, I'm thinking it's not a flat base like most snowboards. sorry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts