Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of last season, I got my first new board in many years (long overdue!) because a friend has a deal with Burton and got me a discount. I got the Burton Feelgood Camber. I guess my friend forgot to give me the hardware that adapts disc/old style bindings for the channel system. My bindings were less old than my board was (I have a lot of foot problems so I got many different boots and bindings over the years, while keeping the same very old board). My question is: are there really any big benefits to getting new bindings that are built for the channel system? I like my existing bindings. They are the Burton Stiletto (previous version; not the newest version). I don't feel like getting new bindings unless there are really big benefits of having bindings specifically designed for the channel system. I'll also need to order the hardware for conversion of my existing bindings to the channel system, since I guess those got lost or were missing to begin with. Thanks for any advice!!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
You can buy channel or universal discs yes, no problem. Channel uses shorter bolts, so make sure you get those aswell. In my experience, the channel/est bindings worth having are the ones with a non adjustable footpad, so you just have the pad and no extra plastic underneath you foot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The EST bindings are not worth going out and getting if your current bindings are the reflex model those are better in my opinion! Will give you the option to swap between boards.

Burton.com sells spare/replacement parts where you can get the base plate and hardware screws and if you're missing the nuts you'll want those too. They are cheap! Probably get everything you need for $15-$20 and free fast shipping. Although you might have to call them for the base plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts