Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks pretty ancient. Cap construction, old bindings, might be worth $30-$50?

Maybe donate it to someone to turn into a bench?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
As is the case with all boards of such vintage, it's worth something to someone, but only what someone is willing to pay for it. Toss it up on the Kijiji or Craigslist, ask $200.00 and see how your luck plays out.

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,906 Posts
This year you could jigsaw a piece of plywood in the shape of a board, screw down some bindings, and sell it for $100.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Last time someone said the same thing about another board, maybe $5. Ending up selling for $150
There are so many beginners looking for used gear this year to "save money" getting into the sport that everything is selling for way more than it should. Most of them have no idea what they are buying, and don't care. Anyone who knows what they are buying wouldn't spend anything on these boards, unless they have some sort of sentimental value to them. If you got some sap to pay $150 for another old board, might as well list this for $150 too and see if you can get some idiot to bite on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are so many beginners looking for used gear this year to "save money" getting into the sport that everything is selling for way more than it should. Most of them have no idea what they are buying, and don't care. Anyone who knows what they are buying wouldn't spend anything on these boards, unless they have some sort of sentimental value to them. If you got some sap to pay $150 for another old board, might as well list this for $150 too and see if you can get some idiot to bite on it.
This is exactly the point I wanted to make. When I scroll through classifieds, I'm sometimes shocked what prices ppl ask for ancient boards. 200+ USD for regular Burton models with 3d inserts w/o bindings. Equally old raceboards for 100 USD which require hardboots (not included) advertised as "perfect for beginners". Poor devil buys it just to realize what a pile of crap it is and will never get into the sport.

On the other hand, that's the price one pays if they don't do their homework and don't research (or check this forum :) ).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts