Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys,

so i know that pretty much every "help me pick boots" thread ends in "it depends on what fits your foot best" replies, which I understand. But I'm really looking for recommendations within my price range/riding style so that I can find shops that have them and try them on to see which fit best.

So basically I need boots geared more for all-mountain since I do primarily freeride riding but hit the park from time to time. Originally, I went and tried on the Nike Vapen's, mostly because this year's model is affordable and the orange ones are dope, but confirmed what I heard about the Vapen's being an insanely soft boot. I'm 6'3 210lbs and considering I do mostly freeriding, I am looking for a stiffer boot within the Vapen's price range (max $220). I tried on the Nike Zoom Forces while I was there which was definitely within the stiffness range I'm looking for...I just feel like they're way too bulky up top.

Again, I understand it depends on the fit. I'm just looking for some options for when I go back to the shop.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Go look at K2 boots and spend as much as you can. I am a believer. They are nice and stiff and the best as far as I am concerned, although I have only owned 3 other pairs.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
DC TRice boots.
Comfortably stiff, apparently much improved build quality, and the convenience of dual boa lacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts