Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant seem to find a kit with all the stuff i need in it. Anyone have a kit that they would recommend? I need to tune my board and be able to wax it this season by myself. Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright cool. thanks. ill prob get that dakine kit. looks like it would have just about everything

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
After being out bid on four sepperate Dakine super kits I said fuck and compiled my own stuff. Ended up spending less money and having better stuff. Bought a Dakine iron, gummy stone, and pocket stone from the snowboard sho. Then I bought a couple brushes, ordered some wax, and made some file angle guides.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up going to lowes. Got a bastard file and a diamond stone for my de-tuning. It was like less than $10. Just need the waxing stuff now.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I bought a Demon kit or something. I don't know, it was cheap and it works just fine. Came with a mini iron, perfect for doing my wife's skis as well, and all the various brushes and a scraper as well as a file.

I've heard really good things about Swix, but I have no experience with them.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have a swix iron and scraper, they work great. I believe i also have a brush.

I just order 2 3 quarter pound blocks of hertel wax. Im stoked as I have heard good things about hertel.

·
Registered
439 Posts
swix also makes a file which is very nice. i forget exactlly what they put in it but its something that makes the file last longer and sharper then normal files.
Its chrome. I got their chrome 8" from REI and it is the nicest file I've had. My old Dakine iron took a crap on me so I put my own swix kit together last year. Probably didn't save any money, but at least I got to spend money where I wanted. Nice Swix file and guides vs. cheap scrapers, brushes and scrub pads. If you're just getting into tuning and waxing, a pre-packaged kit is probably the best way to go.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I have a swix iron and scraper, they work great. I believe i also have a brush.

I just order 2 3 quarter pound blocks of hertel wax. Im stoked as I have heard good things about hertel.
Ya its good stuff, ive been using the same brick for over a season now..and i wax quite alot....i probably waxed a good 15-20 times last season...still got at least 1/3rd of it left too...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ya its good stuff, ive been using the same brick for over a season now..and i wax quite alot....i probably waxed a good 15-20 times last season...still got at least 1/3rd of it left too...
Yeah ive heard REALLY good things, pretty much like its top of the line.

I wax other people snowboards so i think customers will enjoy very much :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts