Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
@HometownZero @Schoobang @Snowdaddy @unsuspected Ålrajt boys, I am happy to join the 'Swedish Chapter' of this forum... so let's hereby elect Schoobang as our first president!? I looked into Tur and Stranda, beautiful boards I really want to try out sometime, but did not find any model that seem to play as well in the park as the Ride Superpig... but I may be totally wrong. Will update you guys, but not hijack this thread any longer for my ongoing hunt :)

· Registered
1,949 Posts
@HometownZero @Schoobang @Snowdaddy @unsuspected Ålrajt boys, I am happy to join the 'Swedish Chapter' of this forum... so let's hereby elect Schoobang as our first president!? I looked into Tur and Stranda, beautiful boards I really want to try out sometime, but did not find any model that seem to play as well in the park as the Ride Superpig... but I may be totally wrong. Will update you guys, but not hijack this thread any longer for my ongoing hunt :)
The closest to freestyle board would be the Tur Pluv, but it's only freestyle to an experienced freestyle rider.

· Registered
891 Posts
superpig will be fun but I wouldn’t expect the same edge hold or nimbleness to the opti, you’ve got less EE on a longer wider board and no edge disruption. I ride a k2 157 PP (I believe ride and k2 are owned by the same company) my PP has the same waist as the superpig and while fun as hell and nicely lays a carve it doesn’t come close to the grip or nimbleness of my 157 opti.

if I was looking for the opti but different I’d check out the k2 excavator or gnu gremlin personally if grip and nimbleness were critical to me unless you want to try an extra thicc deck. If park is the priority I’d throw the yes greats and the gnu RCC3 on your list

while I am not from Sweden I have been to a ikea and ate the Meatballs so feels like I’m close

edit: more I think about it given your feedback I think I’m going jones ultra mountain twin, stiff like the opti but with some torsional flex, similar EE, bumpy edge, 3d nose, good twin park shape, that would be my deck

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@Schoobang @Snowdaddy @unsuspected @Thrash-Tompa BTW to all Swedes, Rossignol's own swedish site has last years Sushi solid and split and Sashimi split at 50% off right now.

Not at all what I was looking for but I couldn't resist trying something as different from what I usually ride as the Sushi at that price. The nose on the Sushi 145w is pretty massive. I have no idea if I'll enjoy it though 😅

Door Fixture Wood Home door Arch

· Registered
1,539 Posts
@Schoobang @Snowdaddy @unsuspected @Thrash-Tompa BTW to all Swedes, Rossignol's own swedish site has last years Sushi solid and split and Sashimi split at 50% off right now.

Not at all what I was looking for but I couldn't resist trying something as different from what I usually ride as the Sushi at that price. The nose on the Sushi 145w is pretty massive. I have no idea if I'll enjoy it though 😅

View attachment 164949
Nice pickup! they definitely rip, that crazy taper makes it turn so good, I see they are going for $250ish on some sites, might pick up one again for the heck of it

· Registered
5 Posts
Sushi is more like a pow/tree snowboard. I think it is not great as a resort snowboard but really awesome in powder and trees. Nitro Squash is super fun for what you are looking for. Full camber has a good grip on ice, super fun for carving and its big nose with small swallow tail won't sink. If you don't ride park it is very good, turny allmountain snowboard.

· Registered
1,949 Posts

View attachment 164949
I always wanted to try the Sushi. I considered it but ended up with a Tur Bubo, which I also highly recommend.

· Registered
186 Posts
I’ve been looking at the Sushi for years… SportChek.ca use to carry them and always had deep discounts on leftovers. I almost picked one up for under $300 but just wasn’t sure if a could live with the tail. That nose is rad though!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts