Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 21 29.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I usually use Swix but I got some Bakoda wax from a friend so I'm currently using that.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
That "other" is likely to be Bluebird imo...

I personally use and like One Ball Jay.

Been meaning to venture out some more but I just havn't ( =

·
Registered
729 Posts
burtons wax.. what ever they use.. I have yet to wax my board.. kind of scared to to be honest... hotwax+iron+me= a preferably avoidable situation.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've been using Hertel this season and its wicked fast. I switched my girlfriend to hertel without telling her and she noticed a difference. Great stuff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i get a brick of OBJ from daddies board shop... i paid 30 a year or 2 ago... it's still going strong.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My very own Bluebird Collab

It's a good idea to coat your board before you throw it in the closet for the summer. Always remember that a harry looking base is BAD! Keep it coated with wax or else contaminates get in there and your base will have a harder time holding wax in the future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where do you guys typically buy Hertel?
Direct from hertel...Ski Wax, Snowboard Wax, Waxing accessories, All Temperature skiing Wax, Hertelwax.com. Near me they only sell the 5oz 5 brick packs and only super hotsauce, so i buy direct to get SL bricks of 739, SHS, spring solution.. i recently started trying the white gold for boardercross, but lol u would be n idiot to use that everyday altho it is a noticable dif compared to 739. when u buy direct hertel has thrown in a lot of freebees over the years of ordering (basically everytime for me)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
burtons wax.. what ever they use.. I have yet to wax my board.. kind of scared to to be honest... hotwax+iron+me= a preferably avoidable situation.
lol hopefully you have had someone else wax it for you at least once... the wax that comes on boards is only a rub on n wont last long... ur base is goin to dry out

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I use Dakine all temp and cold temp. Towards the end of last season i was mixing what i put on my base, with a cold wax on the edges and all temp in the middle. I found that my edges weren't losing there wax as quickly and I could get another day or two out of a wax job.

I also on occasion use OBJ all temp which i find damned good too.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Dakine (ok), Burton (ok), kuu (great), Purl (great)

·
Registered
662 Posts
It's a good idea to coat your board before you throw it in the closet for the summer. Always remember that a harry looking base is BAD! Keep it coated with wax or else contaminates get in there and your base will have a harder time holding wax in the future.
...but don't use a colored wax as a storage layer on a lighter base, unless you don't mind it being stained that color when you pull the board out next year

T

·
0 Posts
...but don't use a colored wax as a storage layer on a lighter base, unless you don't mind it being stained that color when you pull the board out next year
+1 ...and that's one reason why I got a dark base. Plus I'm running a vanilla beige color by using One Ball Jay's Soy wax. :rolleyes:

One Ball Jay all the way.

·
Registered
662 Posts
couple years ago, I had one ball jay warm wax. It was deep red and smelled like berry. I used it on my white base as a storage layer and, when I scraped it off next winter, the base was stained with bright pink streaks. I did several more hot waxes with clear wax and rode the board, but the pink was on there for good...fortunately, the person that bought it didn't mind.

I also used that red wax on a neon green base and it stained it without even being on that long...I hate red wax.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts