Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year just got more expensive. Last year I stayed twice (juniper & village). Got a discount that was better than AAA. Apparently they did away with it. Looks like I'll have to sign up for AAA now. At least lift tix are still cheaper.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Fuck that..........go somewhere that gives a discount. Call Mammoth and give them feedback. Use the extra money to check out a new hill.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a privilege not a right, now repeat that a few times. Let it sink in.
Very true. A privilege earned by putting others needs before your own...and not just to make a sale. Mammoth companies still give back...just not on lodging. Every bit counts.

Pretty sure I never said they were wrong for not doing it. Just sucks when anything costs more than last time ya paid.

·
Registered
12,611 Posts
That's not directly directed at you. Just certain people that feel their "career" choices dictate a discount when it's a privilege. Mammoth isn't exactly in a good financial spot right now between the back to back bad seasons, the lawsuit against the town, and the economy.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
There are probably a few billion people in the world who would disagree with you there.
The US military was a death machine last time I checked.
I'm confused. Are you saying being known as a death machine is a bad thing? Any countries military that can't become a death machine, is useless.

Fuck yeah the US Military is a death machine. The people in charge of it on the other hand are idiots. If I ever own a business, Veterans (of any relatively free+ Nation) will always receive a discount. There's more to the Military than most, maybe all, who haven't served will ever know. There are even people within the military who are just as oblivious. Of course you have douche bags, guys who just do it for the perks etc.. but what group doesn't?

Even with those type of people, many are willing to put their lives on the line for something. Most I know didn't join to kill people in the Middle East or Asia, most I know joined because they believe strongly in the constitution or an ideology that served as a base. Just because civilians continue to vote for war mongers or fall for some smooth talking politician who sends the military to do something you disagree with, doesn't mean you blame the Military.

Blame the politicians, most of all, blame your fellow voters. Ultimately, in the U.S., voters control the Military. With that said, people, who sign up to have their lives (and families) controlled to the point they can be sent to death for the good (and the bad) of the entire country deserve any perk I can possibly give them if I were a business owner. Luckily, this is still a pretty decent country, where if you own a business you can decide to not give out any perks. Luckily as well, I can choose to spend my money elsewhere.

Who creates a thread whining about not getting a benefit? Especially a benefit to something like a resort? The world is so unfair! I'm guessing the OP was in the Air Force. On the other hand, I've seen threads much worse than this. Hell, I'm sure I've contributed to many.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Very true. A privilege earned by putting others needs before your own...and not just to make a sale. Mammoth companies still give back...just not on lodging. Every bit counts.

Pretty sure I never said they were wrong for not doing it. Just sucks when anything costs more than last time ya paid.
Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know a lot of people who would disagree with that. I don't know why so many in the military get such a bad entitlement attitude.
A lot of people would agree with that. He didn't have an entitlement attitude. He was bummed that something that he got before he isn't getting anymore. He wasn't blaming them, or slamming them. He even defended them by saying they give a discount on tickets.

The entitlement attitude, while not right, is easy to see why they have it if you look around and try to understand. You can see why easily by looking at a few post on the forum.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Who creates a thread whining about not getting a benefit? Especially a benefit to something like a resort? The world is so unfair! I'm guessing the OP was in the Air Force. On the other hand, I've seen threads much worse than this. Hell, I'm sure I've contributed to many.
I don't think he was whining. He even defended the resort. I think he was more than likely informing others. Oh well

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
F**king drama queens here!! FR4NKY, glad you could see the simple comment for what it was. Thank you. Can't use the word "military" without someone making it about liberal/conservative political BS.

As the saying goes, some people hear (or read, in this case) just to respond, not to understand.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A lot of people would agree with that. He didn't have an entitlement attitude. He was bummed that something that he got before he isn't getting anymore. He wasn't blaming them, or slamming them. He even defended them by saying they give a discount on tickets.

The entitlement attitude, while not right, is easy to see why they have it if you look around and try to understand. You can see why easily by looking at a few post on the forum.
PS: Not even really bummed about not getting (it in terms of entitlement)....just that it reduces the mammoth trips this year.

I do agree that many (NOT ALL OREVEN MOST) younger military folks think the world owes them everything. If that were true, then they aren't committed to simply "serving."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts