Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this saturday, ESPN at 1:30 eastern

since i have no cable anymore im actually going to go to the sportsbar here for the first time, make em put it on for me, LOL

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
since i have no cable anymore im actually going to go to the sportsbar here for the first time, make em put it on for me, LOL
Maybe it'll help the rest of the patrons see what it's all about!

I went without cable for a long time... In the Hamilton/Niagara area of Ontario you can pick up DTV channels from the states and Canada. Had over 20 HD channels for free! :yahoo: I used to go to the bar to watch F1 races, football, etc. Hell if you're saving $60+ a month you can afford to go out a bit more.

Useless in Calgary though, there are 6 DTV stations and 2 of them are French.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i actually don't miss cable one bit...netflix and youtube/vimeo more than satisfy my viewing...this is a special occasion though! looking forward to it, the wife and i are gonna have some beers and check it out

·
Registered
130 Posts
if it wasn't for college football, I could probably get by without cable. maybe I should consider only paying for cable in the fall...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
need to get to nelson one of these days, i think its only 3 hrs drive and ive never been

gigi

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
unless you can get NBC you are probably s.o.l.

it will be up on youtube soon enough i am sure....

·
Registered
2 Posts
IM not seeing it on my tv for tomorrow. Anyone have what channel it is in Canada, Calgary?
If you have Telus optik it's on their show guide, if you have shaw, it doesn't look like they are airing it, I'm on shaw ?. Might have to find a pub that uses Telus??

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i live downtown, i am a maybe as i am going to a friends house for an easter dinner so let me know and perhaps i can squeeze it in.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
from the previews and bits that have been released i'm gathering that it maybe was not quite as epic as last year...conditions were not quite as perfect and deep, and, of crucial importance if it is to take up ESPN's time: the lighting was grey, kinda flat, so maybe thats why they have shortened it...may play out more like a highlights reel than a contest...maybe they will post the full full version to youtube when the time comes...

if anyone has not seen the full Supernatural of 2012:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts