Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! In preparation for the upcoming season I've updated https://ultrawidesnowboards.com/ with all the latest releases. There's over 70 brands and a bunch of ultrawide boards (27.5cm+ waist and 155cm+ long). If you're a big foot rider and like to have plenty of edge you should check it out.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any suggestions. Cheers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi everyone! In preparation for the upcoming season I've updated https://ultrawidesnowboards.com/ with all the latest releases. There's over 70 brands and a bunch of ultrawide boards (27.5cm+ waist and 155cm+ long). If you're a big foot rider and like to have plenty of edge you should check it out.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any suggestions. Cheers!
2 comments.

First: thank you for this, it‘s awesome to help the community and the website is nice and clear.

Second: unfortunately it’s very misleading for some boards. Dupraz, some Koruas, and many other boards have insane taper and therefore a very narrow tail that is more narrow than many board with a much narrower waist width.
What I mean by that is that there is no way someone with size 13 feet could ride some of the boards you listed, but definitely could ride some boards with let’s say a 26.5cm waist width but a much wider tail.
You might want to at the very least eliminate any board in the website with a tail of less than 30cm width.

·
Super Moderator
1,125 Posts
A few companies now are starting to list the width at the inserts which will be more beneficial.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to at the very least eliminate any board in the website with a tail of less than 30cm width.
That's a good idea. Most manufacturers list the tail width so it's something that can be checked.

A few companies now are starting to list the width at the inserts which will be more beneficial.
A few, but most follow the defacto standard of the same ~10 measurements, including waist width. Until everybody starts providing this number we think it's beneficial to set a minimum waist width to make things as comparable as possible.

I can't tell you how many times I've wished the manufactures would choose a standard way of displaying their snowboard measurements. That would make life so much easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What I can confirm for sure is that being myself a 12 size boot, 30cm tail width is the minimum or I boot drag on big carves. That would be even more for a 13 size boot.
I can ride no problem a twin board with 26.4cm waist and 30.4 tip and tail. But I can’t ride a Korua Pencil 164 with a 26.9 waist width because of the 29.3 tail width due to extreme taper.
I make a cardiac arrest when I see people recommend Koruas, some Jones board and so on because it has large waist width.

Waist width as an indication for large feet ONLY works if the board has no taper, which means it almost never works for a freeride board or pow board.

some great pow/ freeride boards for super wide feet are Weston Backwoods in Wide, Salomon Asmo 157 (massive 33cm tip and 31cm tail despite taper), K2 Excavator, Orca, Dancehaul and a few others.
I am sure some of those wouldn’t be on your site because less than 27cm waist yet they have more tail width than some of the boards you listed and would fit a large foot better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts