Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All! I was recently looking for a really wide board so that my size 13 feet don't hit the snow. My 26.4cm waist board was causing me all sorts of problems.

Since finding these ultrawide snowboards is a pain I made this list of every snowboard manufacturer, and the ultrawide boards that they offer. It's ad free, links direct to the manufacturer, and straight forward: just the boards and their specs.

ultrawidesnowboards.com

edit: update the link to make it more clear that it's an outside link.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Nice work!

Most 2021 line ups have been released for months so you need to update your site. They get released in the southern hemisphere first so we're already riding the new stuff ;) An example is Endeavor.

Also maybe sort it by number of wide boards. The brand with the most options up the top :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just FYI, Marhar’s lumberjack is 29cm underfoot due to the triple radius sidecut. It’s definitely a super wide board.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work!

Most 2021 line ups have been released for months so you need to update your site. They get released in the southern hemisphere first so we're already riding the new stuff ;) An example is Endeavor.

Also maybe sort it by number of wide boards. The brand with the most options up the top :)
Thanks! I think everything is updated now. Between yesterday and today Endeavor opened up their website, so I added their Archetype board.

For the sort order it's from widest on down. If a brand has multiple widths I've sorted by the widest of their lineup.

Just FYI, Marhar’s lumberjack is 29cm underfoot due to the triple radius sidecut. It’s definitely a super wide board.
Thanks! That's an interesting design. I wish more brands would include the underfoot width. I added it and put it in as a 29cm.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nitro Magnum (all are really wide at the waist plus 4.1/4.8 sidecut between the bindings so they should have like 285 mm width underfoot)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Only Nidecker and some very small brands publish the width at the inserts. The waist width itself doesn’t matter and unfortunately is only the reference point for calculating the width at the inserts (the back insert) where it counts.

Taper, sidecut and setback all modify the insert width.

About the Archetype - I have the 160W and it’s wide but not ultra wide for the reasons I listed above. 27,7 cm rear foot width (measured from the base, 27,5 cm topsheet). As you see that huge waist width does not translate to a huge insert width (some big taper and a mellow sidecut).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanna add a thanks for collecting this info into a site. Been hunting for wide enough boards for years, it’s great to have a snapshot of what’s available. Definitely bookmarking it.

Also I think Telos has specs for their boards listed somewhere on their site. It’s just not under the individual boards.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Where were you in 2016 when i needed the site? :) Very cool, so nice these days have sooo many options for wide boards, I ended up ordering a custome wide donek because of lack of options back then,now im on a 27cm wide K2 and couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Capita has some ultrawide offerings under the Spring Break line. 151 Slush Slashers have a 28.6 ww, and the Nighthawk has a 29.2 ww.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there a reason why the Nitro Quiver Pow at 280 didn't make the cut? Too short?
Thanks, I must have missed that. It's pretty short, but I'll let the user decide if it's too short for them. Added.

Capita has some ultrawide offerings under the Spring Break line. 151 Slush Slashers have a 28.6 ww, and the Nighthawk has a 29.2 ww.
Thanks. I only looked at the Men's line. Some of the Spring Break line has some pretty big boards, so I've added those. I couldn't find the Nighthawk on their website, only on Evo.

----

I think one of the conclusions of this whole project is that there's quite a wide range of big boards, they're just hard to find and most people default to a few well known models.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have a few ultra wides available too. 28cm and 30cm waists.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts