Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what hat works well under a helmet. presumably something that is thin and short is my guess. my lib tech hat that i wear under is ok, but its big enough that sometimes its covers my eyes under my goggles (which is never a good thing). any suggestions as to what is the best?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Honestly all you need is a thin smaller beanie. Try it on with the helmet, if it fits then it fits. You want a small one so that it doesnt bunch up around the goggles and back of the helmet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
if anyone was searching and found this.. should let everyone know about Blackstrap. Best company for anything boarding...

check their adjustable bavaclava out.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Is it really that cold or do you really get that cold, that you have to wear a beanie under your helmet ? Even on the coldest days, I'm plenty warm with my helmet on, on the warmer days I actually remove the vent plugs.

Let me guess, you wear your goggle strap in your helmet also ?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I agree with Clayton, if I put a beanie on under my helmet I would be too hot to ride. even on the coldest day, by helmet is plenty warm

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is it really that cold or do you really get that cold, that you have to wear a beanie under your helmet ? Even on the coldest days, I'm plenty warm with my helmet on, on the warmer days I actually remove the vent plugs.

Let me guess, you wear your goggle strap in your helmet also ?
if you ride fast, ride in powder, or ride in the cold.. no helmet will prevent your ears from freezing, or to feel the massive cold air flowing.. i remove my liners and ride with a beanie or as i posted.. a moisture wicking.. thin bavaclava. and yes i ride with the helmet strap under my helmet as well.. i say no to stretched strap graphics. Style man, style ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
I do all those things and wear nothing but a thin polypropylene layer or balaclava and I don't have those issues.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts