Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the underside of every snowboard should be completely flat when placing a straight edge across it laterally?

I put a straight edge across my billy goat with the c2 profile and there's a high point in the center.

Seems to taper down equally, but I thought they were supposed to be flat :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
They are meant to be flat but at the end of the day they are made from wood and it will move.
When I went to do the cut on my first diy split (NS sl) it was so warped I couldnt believe it.
My oldest board (burton supermodel) is still dead flat

·
Registered
585 Posts
Doesn't Bataleon or someone make boards that aren't totally flat on the bottom? I haven't seen one but I thought I heard that before.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm...... My high spot is in the center and goes from beginning of tip to beginning of tail.

I had a minor base grind end of last year. You'd think that would have perfected it not F'd it up.

I know the shop went from a 0* base bevel to a 1*, but I have no idea why they would leave it not flat. They're a reputable shop.

I guess I'll take it in and check with them, see what they say.

I just put a 0* base bevel back on it and it's going to need a base grind anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts