Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Understanding Flow Trilogy Binding Discs (snowolf and others help)

I have 2 questions;

1. look at my disc, what the heck is the difference?
0 15 30 (left)
15 0 15 (up)
0 15 30 (right)
15 0 15 (bottom)

2. considering my discs where is +/-

3. I have been practicing a lot of switch and will do more so this weekend on the greens, would you recommend / / or \ / or how else? Some told duck would be preferred more than forward stance for switching?

So this is how I ride, can you read and tell me how I set these up?
I ride forward stance (carving/going fast etc.) like this / /

right (goofy leg)

left

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also isn't + to the left - to the right, someone told me this is not the case with the bindings?

considering i am goofy;
so like
/ would be + something with right goofy leg,
\ would be - something with the left leg
or
/ would also be + something with the left leg

am i correct?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
if you ride goofy stance, your right leg will be + and your left leg will be - for a duck stance.

If you ride regular, your left foot will be + and your right will be - for a duck stance.

If you are trying to ride switch, 12 / -12 or 15 / -12 is good starting point if it is comfortable. that way whch ever foot is pointing down hill is in more of a natural position.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you ride goofy stance, your right leg will be + and your left leg will be - for a duck stance.

If you ride regular, your left foot will be + and your right will be - for a duck stance.

If you are trying to ride switch, 12 / -12 or 15 / -12 is good starting point if it is comfortable. that way whch ever foot is pointing down hill is in more of a natural position.
yes i am goofy,
ok so then I am riding + / + , I ride carving normally and been doing forward stance, bindings are like this / /
but i am going to intensify my switch practicing, so I will try these stances you suggested.

btw these numbers on my binding discs confuses the hell out of me, I am not really sure what my numbers are, I just go by how comfy I feel after set and try, can you tell me what my numbers are with the above pictured set up?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
if you are at +15 on the disc, your binding is angled roughly 15 degrees downhill if your board is pointed Straight toward the bottom

0 degress is a 90 degree angle to the slope. + is downhill, and - is uphill.

Clear as mud?

Don't worry about the numbers, just set em so they are comfy.

Riding switch with an alpine stance obviously is going to be dificult as you will be moving backwards essentially.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts