Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White Vertebrate Green Sports equipment Sleeve

I'm retiring my old Burton Cartels and looking for a new bindings for my Yes Hybrid Unic . I'm looking at the Union Atlas or the Falcor's . I like riding trees,bumps and groomers for carving.
No parks . If anyone rides a Hybrid or is familiar with Union bindings any input would be appreciated thanks !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Hybrid is pretty surfy so I think the Falcors would be overkill. I ride them with Katanas, so pretty similar to the Atlas and they're perfect.
Yeah I'm leaning towards the Atlas . Even though the Hybrid is surfy on soft snow it can still really lay down a nice carve on the hard pack and groomers !

·
Registered
350 Posts
The falcor and atlas are almost similar in flex. However, the falcor has a mini disc which gives you more board feel laterally (suited for surfy style) and the atlas has a regular disc (bigger dead spot underfoot). I have a brand new falcor from 2021 for a great price if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Falcor has a slightly stiffer highback and ankle strap than the Atlas.

I shortly rode the 2022 Atlas and did not like the big dead spot and harshness underfoot.
I much prefer the dampness and board feel of the Falcor.

Bindings are very much personal preference though. And I have preferred riding mini disks during the last 5 seasons.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The falcor and atlas are almost similar in flex. However, the falcor has a mini disc which gives you more board feel laterally (suited for surfy style) and the atlas has a regular disc (bigger dead spot underfoot). I have a brand new falcor from 2021 for a great price if you're interested.

what size are the bindings?
Falcor has a slightly stiffer highback and ankle strap than the Atlas.

I shortly rode the 2022 Atlas and did not like the big dead spot and harshness underfoot.
I much prefer the dampness and board feel of the Falcor.

Bindings are very much personal preference though. And I have preferred riding mini disks during the last 5 seasons.
Wish I could demo bindings

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 163255
I'm retiring my old Burton Cartels and looking for a new bindings for my Yes Hybrid Unic . I'm looking at the Union Atlas or the Falcor's . I like riding trees,bumps and groomers for carving.
No parks . If anyone rides a Hybrid or is familiar with Union bindings any input would be appreciated thanks !
You might also try the Burton Genesis. I ride them 120 days a year in Utah with a similar-riding board. Lots of trees, steeps, and bumps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts