Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and tried searching for this topic but this seems strange. I have an endeavor snowboard (this is my first board I've owned and not rented.) with some union channel bindings.

My bindings are tightened very well, and nothing is loose. However, the bindings slip in my channel. Would anyone know what is possibly happening? Is it the channel? Or would it be the binding?

I've tried loosening my bindings and then re-screwing them into place as well. Once I finish tightening my screws, I can still move the binding back and forth in the channel.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Think they're the 4x4 screws then (probably 15-16mm long). Channel screws are black & 13mm long I believe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there somewhere specific I should purchase these from? These came with the bindings so it seems weird they'd give me screws that dont work with the product they are meant for.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The screws for channel boards usually come with the board. Any snowboard shop should stock them. If the fittings that go into the channels came with the bindings then yeah, you'd expect them to include the right screws too. I'd ask whoever you bought them from in that case. Might be worth posting up a photo just in case there's something else going on but I'm pretty sure all channel screws are black.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll post a photo when I get home then. It does seem strange. Maybe I'll try to get a video of everything, from assembling the binding to moving it after being locked in place.

I'll check with the shop as well, see if they have any reason why the screws are silver vs black.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You’ve got standard 4 x 4 screws with Unions (I have Falcors and Endeavor Archetype). Endeavor supplies the channel mounting, not the screws for it. You need to buy these black shorter screws from Burton separately.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You’ve got standard 4 x 4 screws with Unions (I have Falcors and Endeavor Archetype). Endeavor supplies the channel mounting, not the screws for it. You need to buy these black shorter screws from Burton separately.
So, purchase the screws from burton, and the bindings shouldn't slip in the channel?

I suppose I did something wrong in the setup then as the binding mounting disc had screws supplied for it. Or maybe union just is dumb and gave me some screws thinking they work when they dont.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There are different screws for the channel and 4x4 inserts. From the bindings I’ve ever purchased only Burton (surprise) supplied the M6 black screws, my Fluxes, Romes and Unions had only the 4x4 screws in the box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are different screws for the channel and 4x4 inserts. From the bindings I’ve ever purchased only Burton (surprise) supplied the M6 black screws, my Fluxes, Romes and Unions had only the 4x4 screws in the box.
Just to clarify, by 4x4, do you mean the screw size or the channel fitting amount of screws? My disc only has 2 slots for screws.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
So, purchase the screws from burton, and the bindings shouldn't slip in the channel?

I suppose I did something wrong in the setup then as the binding mounting disc had screws supplied for it. Or maybe union just is dumb and gave me some screws thinking they work when they dont.
You would really benefit by looking at a traditional board for a second. Normal bindings use 4 screws to go in 4 holes or 4x4. Your Union bindings included screws to fit this mounting system. You can put two screws in each slot on your baseplate. You're bindings can ALSO be COMPATIBLE for a channel system but you need a different set of screws often supplied by the board producer or in Burton Channel specific bindings. You seem to be confused about the difference between designed for and compatible.

·
Registered
221 Posts
4x4 is the
Just to clarify, by 4x4, do you mean the screw size or the channel fitting amount of screws? My disc only has 2 slots for screws.
4x4 is the mounting system that most boards use (4 screws in a square). Channel is a different mounting system that's only used by Burton & Endeavour, & is therefore a minority in the market, so bindings don't come with the hardware to fit it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
You would really benefit by looking at a traditional board for a second. Normal bindings use 4 screws to go in 4 holes or 4x4. Your Union bindings included screws to fit this mounting system. You can put two screws in each slot on your baseplate. You're bindings can ALSO be COMPATIBLE for a channel system but you need a different set of screws often supplied by the board producer or in Burton Channel specific bindings. You seem to be confused about the difference between designed for and compatible.
When I first looked at the board I wanted I sought out the bindings for the board. These seemed to be the best fit, so I would not be surprised if I messed something up as it was my first time purchasing.

I tried doing my research, but I probably did screw something up. I included a photo of my board and bindings. They're union force bindings if I recall correctly.

Edit: reading your post a bit more thoroughly I see what you mean now. I seem to have used the screws for a normal binding system rather than screws designed for a channel system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This reckons the standard screws fit so who knows. I assume you're using the right holes & the washers.
That's basically my setup, just a different board. Everything he did during setup was the exact same I have done.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Yes, you can use the standard supplied screws from Union bindings with a channel board. I had Stratas set up on a channel board with the standard screws with no issues. (Union addresses the difference in length/height by changing the indentation in the mounting holes. Other brands do it by using/adding a different washer or no washer, etc).

From what you're already doing, you just need to tighten the screws more until it's all tight. Then tighten a little bit more. Use a Phillips #3 head and a decent lever if you're not sure you can get it tight enough (but don't go extreme with a big ratchet).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts