Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought the women's Union Milan's last year and decided to test out the hype about mini-discs. The first time I tried them, I strapped in and loved the way my heel seemed secure in the straps and sucked into the heel and felt really a good foot feel/connection to the board. But once the run started I was absolutely shocked to see that the entire binding heel lifted up completely 1-3 cms from the board and I was riding on the palms/front of my foot. When standing still I can bend forward and slide all my fingers under them :O:O While it gives an amazing "surfy" and "tweeked" out feel, I can only use them for exclusively street jibbing as any steep/technical runs I feel like I am about to break my ankles in half.

I've tried every combination of heel cup/strap ratio and still have this problem. It really sucks because now I have had to buy a second pair of new bindings. Has anyone ever encountered this problem with mini-disc bindings? I wish I never spent almost $300 dollars on them :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mini Disk should give you some flex, but not play like that. I'd guess that you need to tighten the screws that hold the bindings to the board. I'd also guess that you tried that already. If they're tightened all the way, the screws are probably too long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts