Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked me to compare weight between these two bindings and I can't remember who or where so I'm posting it here because I feel lazy today.

12/13 Charger
W/ disc and screws 920 grams
W/o disc and screws 840 grams

12/13 diode
W/ disc and screws 782 grams
W/o disc and screws 706 grams

That's a 10 oz , or just over a 1/2 lb difference for the Chargers when two bindings are on the board with disc

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Someone asked me to compare weight between these two bindings and I can't remember who or where so I'm posting it here because I feel lazy today.

12/13 Charger
W/ disc and screws 920 grams
W/o disc and screws 840 grams

12/13 diode
W/ disc and screws 782 grams
W/o disc and screws 706 grams

That's a 10 oz , or just over a 1/2 lb difference for the Chargers when two bindings are on the board with disc
I don't have the 12/13 Charger at my desk, but the 13/14 model is 830 grams.

The main goal of the Charger isn't to be lightweight (that's still a light binding). The direction of the Charger is response.

Check out the 13/14 Contact Pro - 700 grams with the mini disk. $219 USD

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The main goal of the Charger isn't to be lightweight (that's still a light binding). The direction of the Charger is response.

Curious- is the 13-/14 charger weight with or without the disc?

So far as I can tell (need a couple more days / different conditions) its a no brainer to add the extra weight in exchange for the response I felt the one day I rode since mine were setup correctly.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
without disk. You're correct about the extra response.

Somebody who works at a shop should weigh all the bindings on the wall.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
without disk. You're correct about the extra response.

Somebody who works at a shop should weigh all the bindings on the wall.
Haha - I'm sure for many weight isn't an issue. In hand it's hard to tell between diode and charger. I felt it once mounted and I picked my board up. No biggie and no issues on the lift either.

So that's a 10 gram difference over te 12/13. Gotta be the smaller toe strap.....

·
Registered
205 Posts

Where are these up for sale at? I have not been able to find any...?

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Where are these up for sale at? I have not been able to find any...?
Pretty sure 13/14 models are only avaible to the union team riders right now. You can get the 12/13 models at numerouse online retailers.

Edit:

Also interested in the MC's weight. With all the aluminum hardwear, carbon highback, cored out base and metafuse heelcup they might/should be lighter then diodes.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Pretty sure 13/14 models are only avaible to the union team riders right now. You can get the 12/13 models at numerouse online retailers.

Edit:

Also interested in the MC's weight. With all the aluminum hardwear, carbon highback, cored out base and metafuse heelcup they might/should be lighter then diodes.
Confirmed that they were lighter than the Diodes initially.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts

Edit:

The new one is 695 grams with disk.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Damnnn. And I thought the Gigis were light!
Sure, the MC's are light. But the Diode, 10oz lighter AND still stiffer, is comparable to the Chargers. The X-Base, which is lighter than the Diode, is the more fair match to the Force MC. Anyone have their weight?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
fuck diodes. My last highback that burton will supply is already cracking. If you buy diodes knowing how weak they are must have too much money.
Light weight means nothing when they break every 15 days or so.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
That's why light weight and stiff shouldn't really be together. I'd rather have light weight and durable or stiff and moderate weight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Weight of Factory bindings

What is the weight of the 13/14 Factory's?

Might try them if they are semi-light weight. I have 12/13 Chargers and am a huge fan. Didn't care for the Forces from few years back and returned the Atlases I ordered online last year before even riding in them because I could tell they were still not quite as responsive as I wanted.

Maybe the Factorys fit the gap between Chargers and Atlases concerning weight and response?

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
What is the weight of the 13/14 Factory's?

Might try them if they are semi-light weight. I have 12/13 Chargers and am a huge fan. Didn't care for the Forces from few years back and returned the Atlases I ordered online last year before even riding in them because I could tell they were still not quite as responsive as I wanted.

Maybe the Factorys fit the gap between Chargers and Atlases concerning weight and response?
Factory is indeed between the Charger and Atlas in terms of response.

For weight there is no discernible difference between any of these bindings once they are mounted (let alone when riding them).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am still very interested in what the weight is even if it is trivial to most.

The gear nerd in me wants to know anyways but I am actually not concerned with weight while riding. I have a left knee/ankle on-going injury from a rock climbing fall several years ago. I had to take 1.5 seasons off due to it and the lighter I keep my board the less stress is placed on it riding chairlifts, skating around, etc. and I can ride longer without throbbing pain starting.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would think that your binding weight would be the last thing you look at since the board weighs twice, thrice, as much? Do you already have some insanely light board to begin with?
Just wondering.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts